Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The education system sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That is all, now back to our regularly scheduled programming. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Gee, I wonder why I send my son to private skool... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yea, My wife is a teacher!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yep, my wife works for the local system here.

Oh well, my rant on this thread has no bearing. My initial plans were thwarted that led to this post, but the education system sucks.

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The system sucks.. But there are a lot of good teachers out there..

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Why yes, yes it does....

But like Dan there's a lot of good teachers out there. Too bad we're (people working for schools) all gonna get screwed thanks to the wonderful idiots at the state capital. Can't wait to see how much funding we lose and how many kids we have to say welp sorry in the next few months... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

there are a whole lot of good teachers.But there are a whole lot of bad ones too.I seemed to get them all in high school and now im getting them in college too_Oh and by the way if your private schools are anything like our private schools then they are much worse in a private school then a public school. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not sure you are exactly labeling the thread title correct.

It should be something like this: "The government system sucks" as its all the governments fault that everything has to go downhill. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They should always keep education high, if not at the top, of their list.

Seems like the members of the states are more concerned with saving the funds and money for other uses rather than the necessary uses. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

so true, every politician runs some kind of education reform platform to get the moms and dads to vote for them, then once in office, look at education as the first budget cut, then wonder why everything is going to he!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

as a side thought, i am seriously contemplating going back to school to be a teacher, i am dissatisfied with my present job even though i make pretty good and would have the summers off some to travel and wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I hope everyone who voted for Grey Davis is happy now. Look how he postponed letting us know we were in debt to 31 billion till AFTER the election. He has absolutely nothing to lose now. Somebody needs to kill that guy... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well, this was just a "for fun" thread cause I intended to walay someone over the 'Net last night cause I saw flaws in their initial views, but yeah, your right. The government has flubbed up the system worse than a Ron Jeremy flick.

My wife works for a charter school and even that is a joke. Most of the kids are little punk gangbangers with no discipline, and they are pretty much lost, and the stuff they teach them is hilarious.

Example, the school district just settled a lawsuit from a former student who happends to be gay. He claimed he was harassed and taunted and all that happy horse crap. The school district now has tolerance training for all students. What kind of crap is that?

I had the privledge during my school days of attending two different high schools, one out here and the one back home that I graduated from. It was night and day. When I was going to school back home, I actually learned something about history, math and English. When I attended school out here, I was flunking classes and really didn't a rat's a** about what I did during the school day. I was having more fun with the school newspaper and Creative Writing. I took American Government my junior year, and we spent more time discussing stuff about current events than we did learning about the system.

I've always been an advocate of home schooling cause it's not the government's responsibility to teach kids, you can see where that is getting us.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's why we're homeschooling!

I'll teach my kids insanity tolerance training. How to not lose your mind watching everyone else get further from reality, I.E. most of the public education material...