Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The esculator

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by ivie29, May 10, 2006.

1. ivie29

ivie29 1/2 ton status

Here are the pics of my rig on its side in the esculator. I know that I talked about this on the carnage run, but I thought that you guys would like to see some more "sheetmetal roulette" as Firefighter184 puts it.The funny thing is that I have been through there a ton of times before and not had any problems.This time I think I was more worried about the outdoor channels cameras than I was about picking my line. OOPS.

moab-06-015.jpg

truck.jpg

2. Desert Yeti

Desert Yeti 1/2 ton status

Fun to watch people do this one! I saw this pic on Pirate today... I'm betting that he didn't get all the way up, but he's got some guts, and the good humor to refer to his rig as his "modifed tahoe".:laugh:
    [​IMG]

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Cool pics.:thumb:

I think that obstacle looks a lot worse in person.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

That obsticle is very interesting to say the least. We had 3 or 4 rigs make it up the escalator with ease and we had one rig that couldn't make it up on 2 different occasions. He ended up in a bad spot and it just wouldn't go up. There was no real rhyme or reason to it but it is all about catching the right line. I believe that the wider your front axle is (axle and rim backspace) the better off you are there. All the rigs including the one that couldn't make it up were setup pretty well and had very experienced drivers. Looks like you had a good time.

Harley