Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The evolution of my t shirts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Nov 11, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jul 18, 2001
    Am i the only one, or does this happen to anyone else?

I buy new t shirts, and get to wear them clean maybe once or twice before i get a big 90weight or atf stain on em. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    ...or before they rip.

I have an order of shirts now....
    -The newest/ clean ones i can wear to school to try and impress the ladies. (very few oil stains)
    -The slightly stained ones i can get away with wearing to night school auto shop and work.
    -The stained ones that i'd only wear camping, doing yardwork, or wrenching on vehicles. (These are only good for a few more times in the washing machine)
    -The really stained ones that i wear when doing like a tranny job. (Last time before becoming a rag)
    -And then the super stained shirts that graduate to become my next rag.

I can organize my shirts from least to most grease and oil stained... i have one in my closet right now i should just throw out in the garage to use as a rag.
    Hell, the same thing happens to my pants. I end up sacrificing all my clothes to wrenching on my toys. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Maybe i should use my coveralls! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Its sad, one of my ck5 shirts couldn't hold out any longer to be one of those super stained shirts that i wear when working on my truck.. got so much atf fluid on it, now it wipes off my hands. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Time to buy a new shirt.
  2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jan 21, 2001
    I sort of have that problem, though my biggest gripe is when the K5 decides to quit on my, I'm usually wearing one of my cool looking race shirts. Those I don't want messed up and refuse to do any work while wearing them.

Used to be that the work t-shirts were graduated to boot polisher. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Feb 20, 2002
    Yep, I have the same problem, only here in Oklahoma if you go wheelin' in light colored clothes (white, gray), they are soon orange from the red clay. I have catagorized my clothing as follows;
    1. Good clothes
    2. Wheelin' clothes
    3. Work clothes
    4. Rags or trash
    I've gotten some coveralls, and they have saved some of my clothes, but the various fluids will soak through.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Feb 4, 2002
    No matter how I organize my shirts.......they all end up being work shirts. I started buying black, gray shirts for just that reason. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifoh well
  5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Jun 23, 2001
    yep i own 3 shirts that aren't black for that purpose.