Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the face of my enemy...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Oct 30, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

look at these lil bastages...

pic

there is a name to my pain and its: kidney stone! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

got another one on the left side now, hurts like heck... surgery already scheduled for 11/10... hopefully I'll survive this one without complications like i have all the others...

j

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mine were only 2.5, 3 and 5mm
    All three of those sent me to the hospital.
    Best part was the Morphine.
    I dont wish stones upon my worst friends

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I was having some pain a few weeks ago and was really hoping that it wasn't a stone. ended up being a pulled hip flexor or something liek that. My ex had to have surgery to get them removed..not pretty. so do you have big scars? She had one about 4-5" long /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont wish stones upon my worst friends

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, 'bout the only person I'd wish em on is bin laden. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

AFA the size goes, in my experience it really depends on where its at in the kidney and how it happens to come down the various tubes... Ive passed 4-5mm ones and it really wasnt a big deal at all... other times a 2mm one will completely incapacitate me with pain. I have half a dozen bottles of percochet and vicoden around the house, and they are truly a gawdsend. I cant imagine what it musta been like back in the day b4 pain killers were commonplace.... ooooouch!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

j

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

So if they don't out by sugery... do they come out how I think they do? and if so...12x7mm!? DAYUM!

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

OUCH /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifHope you get well soon!!

7. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    So if they don't out by sugery... do they come out how I think they do? and if so...12x7mm!? DAYUM!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, they pop out of the kidney... go down a little tube to ur bladder... then they come out the pee-pee while ur takin a wee-wee. Just pray to god that one doesnt get stuck half way... happened to me twice. worst thing...ever.

j

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my urologist said it was the biggest thing he's ever seen that wasnt removed via surgery...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and they say big trucks are compensating for something... i guess not in your case!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

THAT came out of your dickhole?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I almost peed my pants reading that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Yea that "little tube" is called your ureter.

BTW wtf is wrong with you guys having so many stones???? You drink alot of coke?

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Won't carbonated drinks help bust the stone up? My Dad has had 4 or 5 and the doctor tells him to drink a lot of liquour when he starts feeling one coming (which is really hard for him /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) I think foods like broccoli help contribute to them.

12. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!!!!!! yeppers... it was big and as you can see, it had sharp edges. ouch!!

last time i was getting surgery, i had already had the knock out stuff injected and they were doing final prep and I was talking to a female nurse. She asked how many I'd had... I said "i dunno, 50 or so"... she says "wow, how do you pass all those?".. I say "well, you drink a lot... you push really hard... and oh yeah, helps if you're hung too". then I passed out. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif of course, it was cold in that room and I was naked, so Im sure once they pulled the robe out of the way, lil jek was doing his best "innie" impersonation and she prolly thought I was full of crap. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

13. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifOk this freaks me out i want to know how they are brought apon and how to not get them .Becuse damn i dont like the looks of that. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

That is unreal..........dude, hope you can figure out why they keep happening, that has got to suck coming back every few months or so. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

15. 88Silverado

Mire are always Calcium type, they look like a sticker burr /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Mine always seem to start as a back ache then into bad back pain then the side then soon feels like someone has pounded on your Nuts with a sledge hammer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Theres a big debate on weather those type are caused by over consumption of calcium or lack of intake and the calcium is leeched from the bones. Some say take Calcium, others say not. Lately more water /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Vicodin barely cut the pain. Last time I had 35cc's of Morphine and 800mg of Vicodine in me before the doctor released me to go home and wait til I pissed it out.
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Dont know how you survive those boulders /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

16. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Jason has the biggest "stones"..... -His Doctor

17. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

It is calcium build up in the nephrons of your kidneys, i believe. Cause from carbonated drinks and too much calcium. That's what I learned. Drink LOTS of water and not much coke to avoid this kinda crap.

18. 88Silverado

[ QUOTE ]
    It is calcium build up in the nephrons of your kidneys, i believe. Cause from carbonated drinks and too much calcium. That's what I learned. Drink LOTS of water and not much coke to avoid this kinda crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont drink sodas. I drink way too much coffee.
    I havent had one in a couple years. Stopped drinking Ice Tea and Milk and took up water.

19. jekbrown

i hardly drink milk anymore and i have maybe one soda a month. All i drink is fruit juices, koolaid, and water.

Im on a low animal protein, high water diet just like my doc told me... and I take vit E and magnesium every morning like Im supposed to. they just wont go away. Once these are gone, Im gonna get some more blood work done so the docs can see if I can go on some meds, who knows, maybe some experimental new chit.

diet isnt the only problem. Another is that my dad has em... his dad had them... and HIS dad had them. My sister just had her first one a few weeks ago (shes older than me). I had my first when I was 17.

at any rate, it sucks... so hopefully meds n junk will fix it.. cause having one every few months just aint cutting it. I barely managed to graduate from school... and what employer is gonna be impressed with me being gone for appointments and surgery all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

20. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here in Cleveland at the sceince center they have a Medical area and one of the displays has a thing on these kidney stones.I guess they have a new process that uses ultrasonic waves to break up the stones instead of Sugery.Has your Doctor Mentioned This?