Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Fatman has been cooking again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This year I had my Christmas dinner a few days early sence I'm putting my mother on a plane to Florida on Christmas Eve to go annoy my sister. So I had left over ham. Start of by getting out the big ass pot again, fill it half way with water, and crank up the heat. Chop up a onion and drop it all in. As soon as the water starts to boil, put in 2 and a half cups of rice, a whole bag of California style mixed vegies, half a bag of peas, boil till everything is cooked. Chop up a pound or so of the left over ham into 1 inch cubes, throw into the mix. Now, add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, stirr everything good. Add a big glop of butter, and garlic salt !!!!!!!!!! Turned out pretty damn good if I do say so myself !!!!!!!! You may need to add more water every now and then, but it's some good grub !!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    California style mixed vegies

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is California style...are they made of Tofu or sushi....or do most of the vegies just lean lean way left? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thats what is printed on the bag. It's got brockley, coliflower, carrots, and red peppers in it. Thats all I remember off hand.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

WTF is California style

[/ QUOTE ]
    The same as California style fruits and nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

WTF is California style...

[/ QUOTE ] That means that the veggies come out of the bag with an attitude /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, sunglasses /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif, an attorney /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and a pre-disposition to whine alot /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Paul,
    I would make some kind of evil comments about a man posting recipes on a 4X4 site but I don't want to blow the chance of you letting me stay at your place for Sturgis next year..... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Oh, now I want to hear the evilness !!!!!!!!! Don't worrie, I don't take anything personally. I look at it this way, a single guy has to eat also, and fast food gets expencive everyday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I admitt it, I like to cook.

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Paul,
    You're right. I remeber now that part of the permissions to use the parking pad was I had to bring the steaks. Now that I know you are a chef, I will more than likely bring Prime Rib. I just slaughtered a cow and had it processed so I will bring some goodies to you..

Do you like liver? I have a bunch of it if you do.

John

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not a big fan of liver.

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Good eats is a major goal for mine. I like to hit the back burner with the big pots . So The pot I'd recomened would be: 5-1/2 quart (cheaper then a 6 quart, but 6 is better) and either medium or medium-low setting, and vented lid. Now I don't know how you feel about Chili, so I'll leave that one alone. That'll get ya out of the kitchen quicker.

Merry Chrismas Paul [​IMG]

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

LOL, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Recieved a email from my friend that runs The Bikers Trading Post ( TBTP ) </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Subj: RE:TBTP/COOKING WITH THE FATMAN XMAS DAY
    Date: 12/26/02 10:38:44 PM Mountain Standard Time
    To: REBELLIOUS RIDER
    Right-click picture(s) to display picture options

HEY PAUL YOUR GETTIN FAMOUS BRO LETS KEEP THE FATMAN A REGULAR AT THE POST. BEN, PS I LET THEM KNOW IT WAS YOU AND NOT ME OK.

Hey Reb...
    I just had to let you know that I had some Ham left over from dinner yesterday and guess what?? I made the soup of the recipe you sent us........and I have to tell you it was sooo good : ) !!! I made a big pot of it and there's not hardly anything left..lol !!! My Mom has been sick and I took her a big bowl of it...thinking the soup might help warm her up.....and she loved it ...she asked me where I got the recipe from and I told her ...and she told me to tell you that she loved it and it was very tastey !!! Just wanted to thank you for the good eating and tell you if you have any other good ones to share with us...please pass them on !!! Hope you had a nice Christmas and hope you have a Happy New Year !!

[/ QUOTE ] Makes me feel good that someone liked my eats !!!!!!!! ]

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[​IMG] Ala chef Paul /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

AH, I thought this was a new one! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif