Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The first, best day of the year. IT"S ALIVE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, May 5, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

The first, best day of the year. IT\"S ALIVE!

well after job/financial problems and haveing to put the truck rebuild on hold, I finally got the truck running sunday! It's a brand new engine and has never been run. Truck has been sitting around with new engine in it for about a year! I finally got some time to finish wiring harness. I bought a Optima red top, threw on a couple of flowmasters. dumped about a gallon of lawnmower fuel in hit the key and started it turning over. 3 revolutions and it came ALIVE! Kicked into a high idle and purred like a lion! It was the SWEETEST sound! My wife and daughter ran out of the house with big old grins on there face. My dog jumped into the truck like he was going for a ride! I shut it down after a minute. still needed to put antifreze in it! (was getting impatiant) My neighbor(the cop) and his girlfriend were on their back deck applauding! It was a fantastic fealing! It brought tears to my eye's!! Just a couple of small problems to fix. Now I gotta buy some driveshafts!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Re: The first, best day of the year. IT\"S ALIVE!

Congrats, just hearing it run should speed up the rest....

I caan remember that feeling.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Congrats!
    Great feeling isn't it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Damn! I thought for sure my truck would be running before yours! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I should be road worthy in about a month, hope you are too, then we can hit some upstate trails. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bablazer73

well, I still have to convert transfer case, still slip yoke style. order driveshafts and figure what i am doing about lift. but maybe this year!! Even the wife was excited about it. she wants to drive it now!! that might allow some extra funds to "come my way!"
    well I can hope!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's a brand new engine and has never been run... I shut it down after a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I guess you don't subscribe to the theory that a break in period is required for the cam? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Congrats though! I know how you feel, on saturday my truck moved under it's own power for the first time in over 2 years. It promptly ran out of gas after movign it about 50 feet, but it did move! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's a brand new engine and has never been run... I shut it down after a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I guess you don't subscribe to the theory that a break in period is required for the cam? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Congrats though! I know how you feel, on saturday my truck moved under it's own power for the first time in over 2 years. It promptly ran out of gas after movign it about 50 feet, but it did move! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a roller cam in that puppy.

Damn, I can remember seeing that sweet engine on the engine stand 2 years ago. Great to hear it is comming around now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bablazer73

It is a full roller valve train. comp cams hydraulic roller. I did let it run for awhile after I filled the coolant and checked/reset timing. ran it for almost an hour. I was just so happy that the engine kicked off as quick as it did!! I gotta say i was a little worried after some of the problems I have heard abut the projection systems.

9. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

EXCELLENT!! CONGRATS!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now put it on a trailer and bring it down south and lets go wheeling! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif