Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Ford Lost.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Oct 28, 2004.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So I have a co-worker's truck ('79 K10 LWB) over to my house doing a power tune on the Q-Jet/HEI. It was a thouroughly forked up Q-Jet, having gone through the Tomco rebuilding facility (these guys could ruin an anvil) and the dist was showing its age on the freshly rebuilt motor. Got it tuned real close, ran great, thought there was a bit more to be had so I did a few adjustments on it then took it on a test drive to Gilbert (about 90 miles round trip) to do some wiring on Rob's (Robzilla) K5. I checked with the owner about the extended test drive, no problem there, so I lit out for Gilbert. Got down there, did the job, visited a couple friends while I was out there, and headed back. About two miles from my house, I'm rolling up to a red light in the curb lane, just about get to a stop, light turns green, let off the brake, ease on to the gas, notice a car (late model Ferd ZX2-large muffler race car version /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) is making a left, I get all over the brakes, lock everything up tighter than hell, realize he isn't going to make it without a rude introduction to the front of this glorious GM product that I am piloting, brace for impact and KA-BLOOIE!! We have impact. Throw it in park, get out, check with the other driver, he is fine (very pissed off, but physically fine). He claims he had a green arrow (obviously he didn't if I had a green light) and was very aggravated that his race car (/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) was ruined. The fire department shows up, they are reluctant to believe that there are no injuries by looking at his race car (/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif). One fireman was looking at his ruined race car (/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) then looked at the glorious GM product I was piloting and said "That truck did all that with only that little damage to the truck??" I said an enthusiastic "yep" (/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif). Basically the truck I was driving drove, at a 45deg angle, into about the middle of his passenger door and stopped in his quarter panel just before the rear tire. His rear glass ended up about 15' away as one shattered piece that no longer had an oval opening to fit into. The damage to the truck consisted of a bent bumper (very slight considering there were no corner brackets on the bumper /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif), some damage to the lower grill trim and headlight bezel and a pooched fender from where the bumper touched it and two broken KC lights that were mounted to the top of the bumper. Cop asked if it was driveable. Oh hell yeah was the response he got. I drove the truck home, his race car (/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) left on a hook for the wrecking yard.
    He was insisting that he had an arrow, but there was a witness that stated that I was the one with the green light and his insurance company believed us as opposed to him.

Good reason why we drive what we drive /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

BTW, the truck hauls some serious ass now /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

right on i cant wait to take out my first ricer with my new front bumper(when i get it) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I need some pics of this one.

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah, you and me both. Unfortunately, I had no means to capitalize on this photo-op /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif (the owner of the truck really wanted to see what his truck was capable of). All the while the truck was sitting in the intersection waiting for the cops, I was thinking man, I wish I had a camera phone. It sure was sexy sitting there in the intersection with the blood red paint smeared across the relatively straight front bumper with the glow of distant street lights casting their shadows on the proud warrior. The Ford, on the other hand, wasn't so sexy. Granted it was cooler looking than stock with a giant gash in the RH side of it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Basically the RH door was caved in and the RH quarter panel/B-pillar was pushed back about 4" and in about 8-10", the roof was taco'd up a fair bit and the rear window opening was no longer a smooth oval shape because the quarter panel was intruding into its area. I think the cool dude could salvage his race car conversion kit (big muffler) and send the rest packing.

Long live the big Chevy truck /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif!!

5. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Look at it this way, you just help the ford owner increase the value of his car. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

BTW: What intercetion did it happen at?