Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the funniest thing you ever herd( YOU NEED TO READ)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by newbe73, Mar 20, 2002.

1. newbe73

newbe73 Registered Member

well hi there everyone. i have had allot of people make fun of my spelling . i am not that bad of a speller i just do not really type good and i hate making all those corrections and going back, so i am slowing down on typing right now to bring you the latest and funniest news.
    you all know i have ben haveing trouble with my wiring, and i have just figured out what is wrong . i will not need a new wiring harness and ya it was not any of toes things you guy told me.
    so anyway i replaced the starter and i connected the wires and it burned up instantly. after going over the whole wiring system i noticed that there was nothing wrong no brakes, no wires touching, nothen. so i figured WTF! so i took off my alternator and hooked up one of my buddies alternators out of a 78 doge charger ad hooked back up the wires and it still fried then. then i was going to give it up for a wile and think . i started to hook back up my alternator and in the process of doing that i was wondering why the [censored] the red wire was hook up to the alternator. then it all started to make sense. the previous owner must have hooked the red wire to the starter because the black was not long enough( i noticed that when i tried to switch them). then i thought back wow i have ben hooking the cables up the wrong way , and when the battery went dead i took out the battery to charge it and i hooked it up wrong cuz of that stupid previous ownerand the collor of the wires. wow i felt so cheapish. in then end it ended up costing me $60 for a new starter and also fo r a new battery that i took out of my moms ford truck ,shhh do not tell. all that work on simple thing wow i feel stupid. i know alot of you guys will laugh , that was the point of writing this . also write back do insult me or just tell me what you think or anything that you guys have done that was stupid . it wont probbly match this hahhhahha that was crazy

from,
    chris

2. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

That is fawkin lazy and stupid, and I don't mean you. I mean the idiot that reversed the $hit in first place.

3. newbe73

wow i expected more people to write back can none of you see this or what

4. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Well I for one wasn't making fun of you. I was only trying to help. This post was at least readable. I don't wan't to sound like an a$$, but being too lazy to correct your typing when you're asking for free help isn't cool. Why should we have to translate your gibberish into english to give you free help? I make mistakes too, but I try to correct as many as possible. Quality posts attract more readers, and poor quality posts will build you a reputation where people will pass your posts by without reading them. Obviously the more people that read your posts the better chance you have of finding the answers you need. Congratulations on solving you wiring problem./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. newbe73

hhahah thanks it is ok i am just a fast typer if i am not trying to make it perfect and i do not know
    i was just in a hurry

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Chris,

This is a BORDERLINE post for the '73-'91 area. As Grim-Reaper just posted....this is supposed to be a technical forum specific to the '73-'91 Blazers.

Your story is about a wiring problem, but in the end becomes more of a "do you have a funny story to share....?" type-of-post.

That type of post really belongs in "The Garage".....and not in this forum. Perhaps that's why more people didn't jump in here and keep it going as a thread.

Hope that is clear. I'm not trying to offend, I'm just trying to keep the topics in the most appropriate forums to help everyone out. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

Hey, don't feel so stupid about it. I hooked up a battery wrong once and fried a sterio and starter relay.

8. carol ladue

carol ladue Registered Member

:rolleyes: THIS IS WHAT I ALWAYS SAY TO EXPLAIN MY PROBLEM.............FONETICS PHUKED ME UP !

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Old Post........................

10. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

haha that reminds me of when a good friend of mine was hooking a battery up in his early 90s chevy truck. Well the battery sparked when he touched it to the terminal, and I guess he thought it just arched or something against the body. SO......he proceeds to pound the positive terminal lug onto the negative terminal on the battery. As soon as he takes his hand, and beating implement away from the battery, I hear a distinct pop pop....some sizzle.......another pop and smoke coming from behind the fuse block cover and the computer compartment behind the dash. All I could do was laugh, just in that split second, he had fried every inch of wire in the engine compartment, popped every fuse/inline fuse, and fried the tbi computer. It was quite funny. But over the next month, managed to set it on fire trying to start it by pooring gas down the throttle body, and then busted it up with a fire extinguisher by beating it once again. It was disgusting when I next saw that truck. Thinking of it when he first got it, it was really good condition, and all original. Then within 3 months it was junk. amazing.

Remington

11. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

well hi there everyone. i have had allot of people make fun of my spelling . i am not that bad of a speller i just do not really type good and i hate making all those corrections and going back, so i am slowing down on typing right now to bring you the latest and funniest news.
    you all know i have been having trouble with my wiring, and i have just figured out what is wrong . i will not need a new wiring harness and ya it was not any of toes things you guy told me.
    so anyway i replaced the starter and i connected the wires and it burned up instantly. after going over the whole wiring system i noticed that there was nothing wrong no brakes, no wires touching, nothing. so i figured WTF! so i took off my alternator and hooked up one of my buddies alternators out of a 78 doge charger ad hooked back up the wires and it still fried then. then i was going to give it up for a wile and think . i started to hook back up my alternator and in the process of doing that i was wondering why the [censored] the red wire was hook up to the alternator. then it all started to make sense. the previous owner must have hooked the red wire to the starter because the black was not long enough( i noticed that when i tried to switch them). then i thought back wow i have been hooking the cables up the wrong way , and when the battery went dead i took out the battery to charge it and i hooked it up wrong cuz of that stupid previous owner and the color of the wires. wow i felt so cheapish. in then end it ended up costing me $60 for a new starter and also for r a new battery that i took out of my moms ford truck ,shh do not tell. all that work on simple thing wow i feel stupid. i know a lot of you guys will laugh , that was the point of writing this . also write back do insult me or just tell me what you think or anything that you guys have done that was stupid . it wont probably match this hahhhahha that was crazy.

Helped ya out wit UR spellen :D :D :D