Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Future of SUVs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FL84K5, Aug 4, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

The Future of SUVs! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

re-post of a re-post...

Rene

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

The sad part is that the Kenworth with a 500 detroit would still get better milage than an excursion.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

no the truly sad part is that its a detroit. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my excursion get 18 mpg with the 7.3 4x4 diesel and loaded to the hilt with a/c and dvd player and stuff that is better then the 6.0 suberban 1/2 ton /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

well i guess not then, the best our Detroits get is 16mpg bobtailing or 12mpg with an empty van, 6mpg loaded.

And muddy sub.... whats wrong with a detroit? The old two strokes couldnt be killed and the 60 series are great engines. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ramjet gmc

16mpg bobtailing ------ is that no trailer that is better then i thought

8. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Yep no trailer, surprised us to, now the majority of our tractors run detroits.

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my excursion get 18 mpg with the 7.3 4x4 diesel and loaded to the hilt with a/c and dvd player and stuff that is better then the 6.0 suberban 1/2 ton /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno, the chevy suburban can be made into a demigod of circuit city on wheels too. also, are you comparing to a chevy diesel? I don't know anything about these damn new fangled suburbans, except they taco up real nice like in accidents, just like the excursion... mine never has tho. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif What's the bling bling glitzy stereo system on the inside have to do with anything? anyone can drop 3-5 grand on a system, and say its better than the crap your brand makes...

if the excursion is so mucb better than the suburban, why have they stopped producing it? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-Ddragggon

10. ramjet gmc

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno, the chevy suburban can be made into a demigod of circuit city on wheels too. also, are you comparing to a chevy diesel? I don't know anything about these damn new fangled suburbans, except they taco up real nice like in accidents, just like the excursion... mine never has tho. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif What's the bling bling glitzy stereo system on the inside have to do with anything? anyone can drop 3-5 grand on a system, and say its better than the crap your brand makes...

if the excursion is so mucb better than the suburban, why have they stopped producing it? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-Ddragggon

[/ QUOTE ]

the sub you can not get the diesel /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i looked at the 8.1l and can not get the allanson trany /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the taco well that just sucks the trend of the trucks today /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the bling bling glitzy stereo system /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    it came with a dvd player in the back i did not add anything and do not plan to

to some it up i wanted a sub but the value was with the ford X 7.3 limited /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

a victum of the tree hugers what will they go after next