Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Girl at the Auto Zone Counter (Sorry, no Schuck's in Wyoming)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The Girl at the Auto Zone Counter (Sorry, no Schuck\'s in Wyoming)

So I was going to this place over by the mall, and I had a funny feeling that I should stop at Auto Zone on the way home... So I decided I could go for some new wiper blades as an excuse to go... Went in, said hey to Bob, and got my windshield wiper blades...

went up to the counter, and a lovely young lady came over to ring me up... So we started talking about my driver's license and how it's bent to hell and about to snap into 3 pieces... I said it doesn't matter, I'll be 21 in 8 months, I'm getting a new license then... She said I'll be 21 in February... And I said you can take me out then... Then some old guy butted into my macking session and said he wishes he could be 21 again... and something about he's the one rattling our windows /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

That's all... Maybe I'll have to pick up a part at Auto Zone at work tonight, and I can get some more info...

Sorry guys, I'm not gonna have what it takes to turn this into a 10 page post, only Mountainexplorer has that ability /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Re: The Girl at the Auto Zone Counter (Sorry, no Schuck\'s in Wyoming)

[ QUOTE ]
    Sorry guys, I'm not gonna have what it takes to turn this into a 10 page post

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking when I read the title......

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I'll have to pick up a part at Auto Zone at work tonight, and I can get some more info...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna see pictures!

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you know most old guys have enough brains to stay out of something like that, he must never have been very lucky in his day, hell I work the register at work, I've had more than one old guy just sort of stand back and smile when I'm talking to some cute chick. Don't matter where he has to be he'll stand back, watch, remember, smile.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, this guy sure didn't stay out... But either she or I must've given him quite a nasty look, because he did apologize for interrupting /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif But by then it was already ackward, so I took my receipt and left... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

She said I'll be 21 in February... And I said you can take me out then...

[/ QUOTE ] What you waiting for ??? Go back in there and ask her out. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

did you at least say goodbye to her? I never leave a conversation with a cute chick on nothing. have to end it on a goodbye or see ya.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Of course I said goodbye... I wouldn't just leave /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

actually it was more of "see ya" which I don't say to just anyone...

Whatever... I gotta go to work /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you know most old guys have enough brains to stay out of something like that,

[/ QUOTE ]

A smart "old guy" will defeinately stand back just so he can gawk at the hot young babe while she is focussed on you! You must focus on her eyes while the old guy gets to stare at her ,,,,, stuff... LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Dude! get back there and ask her out! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    oh, and pics please /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

You can always do it the way I did. Get all excited and worried at the same time for no reason, debate constantly in your mind about what she's thinking, then tell everyone you know about her. Then find out she has a boyfriend.

Then have someone from across the state anonymously tip her off as to you having a crush on her, making you think that she thinks you're a stalker. Then you avoid her for a while until finally you talk again, and everything is OK on friends status.

Then have her hang around as a friend on various off-road trips, have everyone you know including yourself see that she talks alot, and have her help you as one of the staff at your mud race.

And just keep talking and hanging out on occasion as friends, even with her boyfriend.

It's you're typical "Boy gets crush on girl, girl has boyfriend, boy and girl become friends, girl helps out at mud race, and they live happily ever after" story. They're everywhere.

I would think as long as you take everything I did, and avoid that, you'll be fine.

There was a girl I saw at the Napa counter a few months ago. I just walked away. But hey, anyone that's not me may actually have a chance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

had a similar situation, didnt even see her approaching the register, i was busy talking to my buddy. we chatted for a minute, store was busy so i couldnt be long. figured out her name was Angie, and she is about my age, that was about it. the next day this woman at work asked me if i had a girlfriend as part of another conversation ( she's like 50, and SOOO not my type) i told her i didnt, she asked why not and if i had any prospects. told her about the girl i met at Auto Zone the previous night, and how i was planning on going back for more unneeded parts. absolutely floored me when she replied "my daughter Angie works at Auto Zone" no more unneeded parts for me, as i dont need to be working with a future maw-in-law.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Dude, you've got the caveman thing going for you, just pretend you're as cool as me.

Just stare, not intently, half lidded eyes, and when they notice, nod.

There you go

Done deal

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

beater's post made me think, a girl at a place like auto zone, how many guys do you think hit on her in a given day? There is a cute chick that works at our local zone, older than me, I wouldn't hit on her(not my type either) but I'm sure she gets it a lot.

15. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Dating advice from the armed, vice president stalking, brush bashing, poetic, chef!.... pay attention Capman! you don't want to miss any of this important relationship discusion! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Bullet riddled romance, that's for me!

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Take control son. They dont want weinie boys /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif she wants confidence and arrogance.Be nice about asking her out, but dont take no for an answer /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif box it in /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

you cant make a girl like you.... sometimes you can only stalk them for a while and hope that they give in... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Thats how I got my wife!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[​IMG] Dont be like this guy /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I just pretend any chick that rejects me is a lesbian. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif