Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The good ol' days...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Dec 4, 2006.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

So true, it's almost sad...

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.
    1973 - Assistant Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1973 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1973 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1973 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gng. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1973 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1973 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1973 - Ants die.

2006 - ATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1973 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

:rolleyes: :1zhelp::doah::rolleyes:

2. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I graduated in the early 90's. Most of my buddies kept guns in their trucks to hunt during lunch and after school. The principal came out to the parking lot one day when we were waiting for the bell to ring and told us that our guns were fine, just keep them behind the seat and not on the dash in the future. We probably had 6 guns that day in one pickup.

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

lol, you left them on the dash? at school?

"You might be a redneck if......." :haha:

haha, just giving you a hard time man , all this stuff has gotten out of control.....

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

2004: At my high school, a kid in auto shop walked out to his truck with the teacher to get something. He kicked the seat forward, and his rifle was sitting there. Teacher made him take it home, then he came back to class, and things were as usual.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that is so true we all should be scared.when i was in school if i screwwed up, off i went to get a swat from the principal.and alot of my best friends were made after beating each other half to death.now we know where we stand.Audric started kindergarten this year and was not paying attention in class.so the school recomended he see a psycologist??so twice aweek my wife takes him to see whats wrong.HIS MOMMY AND DADDY DON.T LIVE TOGETHER ANYMORE!!!! how much ****ing clearer can it be!!!lets not figure that into how we handle some students, **** that . let the shrink be responsible for what happens.man i could go on and on

6. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

this is funny but at the same time sad. no wonder kids are growing up so screwed up. they don't get to just have fun. How many times when you were little did you play guns or cowboys or army or whatever. now that would be teaching kids to be agressive horrible peolpe.:rolleyes: An even better one is my girlfriend is currently interning at an elemtary school and they are not allowed to have swings or monkey bars or jungle gyms because a kid might possibly skin his knee or fall and hurt thier arm. NOW THATS REDICULOUS! Hell our whole goal when I was little was to see how far we could launch ourselves off the swing set knowing it would hurt when we hit the ground:haha:

maybe thats why we have so many p***ys around now:D god for bid they do something physical and get hurt. I think some of my best memories from growing up have to do with laying myself out doing something stupid.:haha::haha:

7. shewheeler

Agreed... you get to learn your limits :)

8. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Used to have them at school all the time. This is better, my best friend's dad is a gunsmith, and we were both into guns and military type stuff at an early age. He wrote an 8th grade English paper on how to properly assasinate a person. Got an f'in A on it, the teacher just made a note about not liking the subject matter. Can you believe that?

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I wrote a paper my Sophomore year: Ten Steps to Getting Yourself Killed Like Timothy McVeigh.

10. shewheeler

Ok... if you were not born before 1973, don't reply to this thread... damn babies!:p:

11. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's a sad state of affairs Cheryle, that's for sure.

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I thought you were 27? :deal:

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Hey, I've been around long enough to notice some changes, even if I'm not an old timer.

For example, I walked into my history class with a Winchester .30-30 across my back in 8th grade. Couldn't get away with that now.

14. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

hey hey I was born quite a bit after that

15. shewheeler

I may have fudged a little bit:o

16. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

On the 1973 date, of course.

:D

17. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Not born before 1973. I was born in 1983.

When I screwed up bad, my ass got whooped. I learned either not to do it again, or be smarter about doing it.

My parents got divorced when I was 8. I learned that nobody is perfect and sometimes things don't work out.

I got a .22 when I was 12. I learned the power of firearms and how to use them properly.

I got my first truck at 15. It was a POS and I had to pay for it myself. I learned the value of hardwork, not only to buy things, but also in making things better. My truck ended up being a very nice hot rod until it was totalled.

I love my parents. I am a better person for them not pussying out and teaching me important things rathar than handing me off to other people. I learned responsability in my actions and to take the consequenses that come with them.

I will raise my children in the same way.

18. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cheryl, the original post is so TRUE......God it makes you so sick to realize how far gone people are now....sad thing is we let it happen, and the kids now think its normal and are going even farther with it.

I graduated in 76, and we used to bitch about how bad things were then.....what a heaven it was...

19. boggerless

exactly!!a girl i work with said that when her daughter plays musical chairs at school everyone gets a chair!!lets not teach that you don't always win.:rolleyes:

20. boggerless

hell yeah!:bow: