Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the great truck debate:a short scenario and a few q's.opinions wanted and a

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Jun 27, 2004.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

the great truck debate:a short scenario and a few q\'s.opinions wanted and a

so i'm doing a little body work on my /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif and i got my girl out there sanding with me and she asks what color is it going to be.so i say "camo,what else?"she /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifand asks "why?" i says A)i don't need a reason,2)it looks tuff,rugged,and fits the outdoor,bow-hunting gig that i'm obsessed with.,and 3)because!whynot? she looks at me like i'm /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gifso i say "2-tone primer.black on 'da top,grey on 'da bottom."so i get /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif i /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif'bout you.so here's the Q's:A)camo w/blue interior...and chrome bumper/mirrors(we both agree somewhat tacky),B)black/grey primer job(i think would look ok,she says it looks tacky and unfinished like i'm too lazy to finish it),or C)paint it and make it look "presentable"(to whom i'm not sure)only to have the pretty("presentable"nice-looking,AKA IMO:OVER-RATED!)paint FUBAR'ed when i drive it over 'da river and through 'da woods to drag the buck from the brush.this is a friendly,very loving debate and i respect her opinion alot... BUT NOT WHEN COMES TO MY TRUCK!!! j/k. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifwhat would you do?

2. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

Re: the great truck debate:a short scenario and a few q\'s.opinions wanted and a

sounds like you go quite the problem
    i would agree with you more practical paint job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but women always want it there way /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: the great truck debate:a short scenario and a few q\'s.opinions wanted and a

I'm not into the hunting thing but I think that the camo would look good, but with camo mirrors and bumpers. A guy where I work has an old Ranger with a camo job and he showed me how nicely it can hide rust. It's also easy to touch up. All primer black looks good, but gets a lot hotter inside than camo.

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Just paint it like the Army paints their Chevy trucks. Camo w/ olive drab bumpers and mirrors, or olive drab it all.

You don't have aluminum wheels, right? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    j/k!! Good Luck. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: the great truck debate:a short scenario and a few q\'s.opinions wanted a

Flat black everything and then get a big skull sticker for each door, done

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Camo, with tube bumpers, and black rims.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Tell her it's none of her damn business, since it aint her truck! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

if you use it for hunting, i guess camo is ok. I don't like camo so why should i even be commenting /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The only comment I have is that I was told not to leave the pimer as the topcoat. Said that primer will absorb moisture, and eventually lead to rust.

10. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Sexually punish her! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

If I were you, I would spray the entire body in bedliner, either gun metal gray or a color of choice, surf the internet to find a company called rattleguard that makes bedliner kits for pickups, they have and mix a lot of different colors and they look pretty good on some of the trucks they have on their web site. It is based here in Houston,Texas and they are very prompt on their delivery. Plus you can spray it yourself instead of paying somebody else to do it. I bought some and sprayed it into the interior of my truck and it is working great, tough as nails too. I thought about painting it all inside and out but didnt have the cash to play around with at the time. But it will come soon enough.

Remington

12. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

od green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use epoxy primer no rust issues. flat black bumpers and mirrors no chrome. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tell her it's none of her damn business, since it aint her truck! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LOL.i couldn't tell her that.she's way to sweet.and besides,she's helping me work on it.she's dying the interior(black),recovering the headliner(black),and possibly sewing seat covers.we'll see,though.i possibly have come up with a mix of my options.i have chrome rims til i do the axel swap,then it's cheap steel white being repainted black.the chrome still needs to go,though.i'm going to try the self-etching primer over the chrome on a junker to experiment.i'll keep it updated but probably not with pictures cuz i don't know how to do it.thanks for opinions,guys.