Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The guy I got my new K5 from...What a jackass!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, I got the motor in the "new" K5. Took it for a spin and it was a DOG!! We decided that it must have 2.73's or 3.08's. Was out in the shop last night and the rig was in there forward, so I decided to pull the front cover off and see what gears she had. Well, I get the front off and it has 3.73's... Brad and I figure that cant be right or this motor really is a turd, so I pull the rear cover off...yup, 2.73's. Then I remember the guy telling me that he had put a new rearend in it. The jackass miss matched the gears, so now I have to take the 3.73 rearend out of my parts Jimmy and put it in this one. Should help out the performance a little bit... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    What an idiot.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just put a new engine in my K5 and man is it a dog. Geared so badly, the guy told me it was regeared to 3.73 but there is no way a brand new 350 with 31" tires and 3.73s can't start out in first gear on the SM465. I have to start out in low everywhere.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my truck has a 350/700/208 and 31's with 3.08 gears and its does pretty good. its a little slow exceleration..but it goes along pretty good..i find my self over the speed limit quite a lot with it... i bet it would be a lot better with 3.73s though...but its defenatly not a dog..

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just pulled my cover and found I have 2.8 ratio gears.

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, I just got done pulling the rearend from the parts truck and swapping it w/ the rearend in mine. What a pain in my a$$. Took her for a test spin and she seems to get up and go ALOT better now...and at least now I have 3.73's in both axles.