Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Hammers: Aug. 30 - Sept. 1

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by zakk, Jun 13, 2003.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Marv and I chatted briefly about this. For you Phoenix guys, its only about 340 miles (over 500 for us Nor-Cal people)

So how do you guys feel about a Hammers run for Labor Day? It'll still be over a month away from BB03, and I'll be running the 'Con, the Hammers and Upper Helldorado all in less than 30 days if it all goes as planned...

2. FWP

FWP CRS

I'm very tempted, but.....

Since I haven't been there yet, and it is a bit of distance, I probably should make it a full week out there. Wheel, camp and explore the area kinda thing. From what I've seen, it's low desert, maybe November December wheeling? What would be the best time of year to do something like what I'm thinking?

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Dunno if my junk will be back together for a trip or not. Ask me again later. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Something I would consider, but I would have to tow up, and work out some details. Let's see how things work out. But it sound good to me.

Rob

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

sept. is usually nice from what i hear. we ran them in March and it was a bit cold

6. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    sept. is usually nice from what i hear. we ran them in March and it was a bit cold

[/ QUOTE ] Hmmmm, interesting. Is there a town nearby that I could look up the weather history? Or a website that has good info about the JV area? I'm interested in learning more shtuff about the particular area /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Apple Valley is pretty close, as is 29 Palms AFB

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

September is a pretty nice part of the year near the later part of the month. Usually the first couple weeks are brutual because we are comming off of the August heat. Count on it being in the 90's which is probably nice and cool to the Az guys.