Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

THE HAMMERS

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by crwln73, Sep 6, 2002.

1. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Just looking for someone who has wheeled a fullsize thru the hammers?What are the requirements as far as lift ,tire size,lockers,etc.Im not concerned about body damage at all.I run a 73 Chevy 7"lift, 38tsl,350inj.,sm465/205-203,d60 35 spline thru out,d70w/5.86 ratio ARBs,160:1 crawl ratio,warn xd9000i,on board air,avalanche hy-steer,trail ready beadlocks.You get the picture?

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Dunno much about the Hammers but,WooHoo!!Someone from Clovis!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gifWhere abouts in Clovis are ya? You wheel the trails up near Shaver much?I reeeealy need someone to wheel with around here /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

from what i have heard...plan on alot of torn sidewalls..but other than that i know nothing

4. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Ya I wheel all the trails around Shaver Lake.Its kinda like my second home.

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Well lemme know if ya go up there.I love it up there.I kinda bummed cuz I havent got to camp up there yet this year.Last time I camped up there was up at Swamp last winter before the snow started /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Good to finaly see a local wheeler /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

If you're not that worried about the body then you shouldn't have any problem with either Aftershock or Sledgehammer. Expect to use the winch at least twice on Sledge. I haven't been on Jackhammer but have been told that it's just way too thin in spots for full sizes. The others I have no experience with(there's 4 others)so you're on your own with those. Hope this helps!! Have FUN!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. thebeeter

thebeeter Registered Member

sledge and jack= passable, lots of body damage and high centering. wrecking ball= done it in 4 hrs. behind 15 jeeps, possble to do with no damage if u lucky. claw hammer= no prblem. im doing outerlimits next month at the victor valley 4 wheelers fun in the desert, never seen it. let me know if u ever want to thrash your truck.
    chris.

8. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Trying to get truck ready to go in Nov.Dont know exactly when yet.Hoping to get my truck flatbedded first.