Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The HispanicPanic has a Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HispanicPanic, Oct 30, 2001.

1. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

ok here it is a friend of mine has an 85 K5 and the rear right of the truck sits lower than the rear left so he changed his leaf srings and got rid of his blocks, still the prob. continued so he changed his body mounts and did a bodylift while he was at it and still the prob. continues so we think its the frame could there be something else we might have missed?

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

sure he didn't park on the curb[​IMG]

did you check the shocks, also i have hear that if you tighten the leafs when they are hanging it will put some torque on the leaf and will tend to force it up a bit. loosen all the leafs at the eye when the blazer is on level ground and check it again.

bodymounts...

also check for broken/damaged bump stops, that could be a sign of a very hard landing and bending the fram.

de casualidad no esta gordito tu amigo...

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

3. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

This is what ya do to fix it.. Find the biggest jump you can and launch that blazer. Sure fix there!

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Someone once said that about mine but i never noticed it then I figured out it was my Fat a$$ that caused it to lean...I guess the old spings dont like 275lbs on them

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time

5. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

none of my trucks sit perfectly level. Never have found the cause either. Just one of them things that makes you go "hmmm".

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Panic....

I've had this problem... Traced it to the right rear spring perch on the axle being bent into a "convex" shape instead of flat. So, when you tighten the springs down, one spring automatically gets "sprung" kinda backwards from the start - so truck sits crooked!.... I actually added one extra leaf to the right side spring pack to make mine sit level...

Marv

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

What if the left front was sitting high. Or the right front was sitting low. [​IMG]. maybe the problem is in the front not the back. That said. They wifes 79 sits pretty level but my 75 doesn't.
    Get out a measuring tape and start checking stuff. Measure from the top of the axles to the frame. Find common points on the frame and measue (in a X likfe front right intersction of corss memeber to transfercase mount on driver side) to check for a bent frame. Like I, in a round about way pointed out...the problem can be in the front but more noticable in the back. The rear springs are much softer than the front so you will see a problem frame the back. Also since the rear has so much over hang it's more noticable.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

This is the HispanicPanic on ScoobyDann's PC he didnt want me to log him out cuz he forgot his password again so im showing up as ScoobyDann

arq: ese cabron esta mas flaco que la chingada asi que eso no puede ser.

marv: how the hell are you? as far as the spring pech he had the prob. with his 10 blt and 14 blt so i guess he'll just have to add one more leaf to that side

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>