Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Hunt is on for Xfer cases>>>>

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Burt4x4, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OK no real hurry just want all you to know I am looking for parts! Will pay cash at the going rate, whatever that is /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    What I need is this
    NP203 xfer case that bolts to a SM465 10spline (1973-1975)
    Also
    NP205 xfer case that bolts to a Th400 auto
    So all you Norcal brothers and sisters keep an eye pealed back and if you run accross one or both of thease critters snach um up fer me and I will make it right!!
    Again no real hurry just in the 'collecting' stages....
    Thanks all and I apreitiate any time spent! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Your just a double case kind of guy aren't ya Steve???

David

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

LOL
    I need to slow my rig down. I use my rig for road trips with the fam too so I don't want to sacrafice my hwy speed. So R&P swap is out, next answer.....DOUBLER !! Still get to keep my Hwy gear AND can slow my rig way down to very slow crawl and beable to keep the RPMs up to prevent a stall!!

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Burt,

Have you considered the fact that once you own a "doubler" that you will NOT be able to drive the obstacles as FAST as you do now....? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That means you will either have to drive slower, or rev the engine TWICE as high as you currently do to achieve the same velocities over the rocks!!!!!!!

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz MoooooooooooooooRaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!!

<- What's with THIS dude?

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha, the beuty of the doubler is you have many choices 2-1 4-1 1-1 it's just freakin cherry!!
    Pimp daddy-->
    I think your getting jelous Greg! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. Greg72

Burt,

Don't stop there.....there's also the 3:1 Gearset coming for the NP205, and the Wagoner Machine 3.1:1 (formerly the 3.6:1) gearset for the NP203...!

I don't have the energy to calculate all THOSE permutations and ratios, but it's even COOLER!!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

I think your getting jelous Greg!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm more jealous of your driving ability, than of your K5....but with a doubler? Who knows.... may I just say "you suck" at that point? LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One step at a time for me, Burt. Today I have the pleasureable task of ordering myself a new tubing bender, 3 dies, and a tubing notcher!!!! WAY /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not only will I have MANY new friends (and you all know WHO you are! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) but it might allow me to do a few little "side jobs" too... Maybe I'll put an old coffee can in the man-space with a label that says "Doubler Fund"?

Then next summer, we can be "Doubler Buddies"....I'll help you install yours, and you help me install mine!

Isn't it great to dream?.........

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have been lookin for a 205 from a 400 for well over a year now and no such luck /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif...i am almost tempted to go with a atlas t-case...after i saw how well they work this weekend i am almost lookin in that direction...figure it will cost me almost the same as a doubler in the end but it would keep my driveshaft lengths and angles right about the same as they are

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

With out dreaming I would be lost!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    So instead of prepping the wife for a meezzly 1K I am hitting her up fer 2.5K /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I got the deer in the headlights look again /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Thing is she wants a bigger house and I am dipping into that fund! So being that she is a RealEstate agent the 'new' home is always on her mind and deemed more important than my K5 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif This I cannot understand /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    But if it were up to me I would probly spend ALL of it on my K5! Things like RamJet350,Doubler,drivelines,new seats,mabie some paint etc... ALL wich are currently DREAMS...... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Pipebender egh? Hmmmmm, hey I might get to see your manspace after all!! hehehee OH wait my K5 is still busted....... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have a list of things for you to bend if you need to practice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Atlas egh??
    So will you still have a hwy gear 1-1 and how low does an atlas go? I guess I could look it up....didn't even think of doing that? I like the way the doubler looks on ORD's site, preety
    I'm preety sure if push came to shove that a standard 205 can be machined to fit the output shaft &amp; bearing for a th400. I think TopOff did this?
    My plan is to have this done by Spring...

10. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Hey Burt, I know of a guy parting out a K30. I know it has a TH400 but not sure of the Tcase. I'll let you know.

Hey Greg, If you want to test out your new toys I'm willing to donate my truck. I'm in need of some rock sliders. You will be compensated /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes PLEASE!! I will come pick it up if it is!
    Do what you can.
    Thanks!
    Burt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

How about one of these http://www.klunev.com/ I think that is the way I am going to go...Dan /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool any idea how much?
    So there are three choices??
    ORD's Doubler
    Atlas xfer
    KluneV

Gee thanks Dan now I'm really confuzed /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How the hell do i compare the three....????????

I need a beer now!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. gokartergo

I think some one said the goalith is around $1800.00

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

ohh, hmmm lets see 740 fer doubler kit add 170fer the shifters 910ish, now the cost of a 203 &amp; a 205 let say 100 each so thats 1110ish rebuild kit fer each(Ihave no idea how much)lets guess 75 bucks x2 so 1260ish, assuming I will get charged for the 'adapter' fer the 203 add 75..1325ish another25 in steel..1350 oh and shaft resize 150 fer both so if I havent left too much out around 1500ish bucks for the Doubler.
    I woulder what kind of 'hidden' costs are in the KluneV? and starting at 1800 wow I'm just gonna say 2100 smakers!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. gokartergo

I think the one member said it was $1800.00 to his door.. A while back I added up everthing.. I can't remember all the details.. But the Klune-V came out about $200.00 more.... But everthing is brand new.. So I guess it is a trade off.. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

17. Greg72

Burt,

See what I mean, grasshopper....? It's going to take you until Spring to figure out the various merits of each solution and decide what you are going to do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is the FUN stuff.....don't rush through this "research" phase. When you're done you'll KNOW that you bought the right thing.....

18. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I heard that O wize one /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    I'm still leaning tward the Doubler just cuz Mr. Watson was nice to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    naaa I still don't know what I want but that's OK cuz my wife still won't give me my $$$$$$ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Shure would be fun makeing one of thease:
    [​IMG]
    and then making one of thease:
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve, i have a 465 version 203 in my backyard, the input gear is a little chewed, but the adapter is fine, so now you know where you can find these parts, BUT you gotta come to the safari or no deal /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh and ya my doubler rocks, I grenaded a front axel shaft with it doubled down and a tiny little hop, Boom, /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, you could check it out at the safari, oh and did i mention the safari?? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. Greg72

Burt,

I don't think those CRAZY crossmember mods are necessary anymore with the Gen II doubler....?

I remember reading a post somewhere...that pic is misleading nowadays. Someone else can chime in, if they remember the thread where this was mentioned.

&lt;- This dude is my new favorite icon!