Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The idiot of the month

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Can you guess that this guy is doing?
    [​IMG]
    A. Defending a rural California mountain community from possible Iraqi invasion.

B. It's dove season and he's waiting for the first flight to come in so he can have dinner.

C. Takes great personal offense from law abiding citizens legally deer hunting on open public land and furthermore believes that the deer are his personal pets and is willing to exact revenge against the same law abiding citizens if one of his "pets" become deceased through unnatural causes.

If you guessed C, you are correct. So now that I have y'all's attention, let ole Bubba Ray sit down and spin a tale too bizarre to be fiction.

So it was around 6 pm Saturday nite, and we were unable to find a male deer that was ripe for the taking, so my father-in-law and myself decided it was time to head back to the cabin and get wound up for some beer drinking and taco eating. We were on public BLM land, and had come back into the little community of cabins through the gate. We turn the corner and we're not more than 100 ft. from the cabin when we hear this yahoo from his driveway.
    "You kill one of my deer, I'll kill you."
    Well, okay, we figured he was joking and we kept walking. This guy continued yelling and then his wife started yelling at us, telling us the deer were their pets and that if we killed one, they would kill us. Okay, they're psycho, no guns in sight and all we had was one bow and one BMF hunting knife between the two. Of course they were on their property, so the butt whupping was not going to commence.

We get to the cabin, drop our gear and I go back out to my truck to get something. On my way out, I hear the all too familiar sound of a firearm mechanism moving. Well, I was in a safe, secure position. Behind a K5, behind a Toyota. I peer around the corner and I see this yahoo holding firearm pictured. Oh crap. Well, I had enough cover to get back in the cabin.

So I tell my father-in-law, and we're still kind of like, "is this yahoo that friggin serious?"

The other two guys call in, they are coming in. My F.I.L. tells them what's up, but they don't believe us until they drive up the road and see this guy in the middle of the road, with shotgun in hand. It was right after this I pulled the camera out.

Well, the type of crowd I run with /forums/images/icons/grin.gif has "connections." About 30 minutes later, through the modern communication marvel and an helpful law enforcement agency, the resident deputy arrived. He comes in, we talk a little bit. Deputy leaves and has a little talk with said yahoo. Informed him of the fact that he had committed a felony violation of the California Penal Code and his actions were considered anti social behavior. Of course, the guy did offer to come down to apoligize, but was 'splained that that move would not of been the brightest, much less healtier decision he had ever made.

The guy happened to be gone this morning when we rolled out, but if anyone is interested, I'll tell you right where his cabin is. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

The pics notloading /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

4. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It loaded for me. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I know alot of guys that would have dropped em being he was swinging a firearm around and yelling threats and all.

6. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Good thing you and your k5 had cover from that idiot.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yeah, he got lucky it was us that he threatened and not a bunch of hotheads.
    The deputy told us that they have been having trouble with the rifle hunters up there, tracking the deer through the cabins, whereas, we were just archery hunting, and I'm not even hunting. Of course, if he did decide to throw rounds downrange, my FIL has better range with his bow than the shotgun. Of course it always helps to have a cop with ya too.

8. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

so did you get a deer???

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

No, I'm not actually hunting. No license, bow is destroyed, so I'm SOL. I just go up to breath the clean air and hoping for some mud action.

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Damm Bubba ray , Well I think that you should have had your father in law just Zing an arrow in there direction and that would have made them do the doo in there pants...Later

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would think a little charges pressing is in order. Sounds like that guy needs to be taken into custody for both his safty and that of the public. Behavior like that will most likely get someone killed. If nothing more, he should be taken into a phyc ward for an eveluation.

12. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I woulda shot his kneecap off and dragfged him off his property /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Dont point a gun at someone unless you can pull the trigger....

Damn Yuppies...

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Ha ha. Add that extra "Zest" to your hunt!

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Next time you see the yahoo, tell him his pets make the best venison suasage ! </font color>

15. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Based on your pic, I thought it was bigfoot! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

17. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

here in michigan we have hunter harrassment laws, i would of had his lame ass thrown in jail for that kind of crap. i always wonder when im gonna run into a situation when i go hunting. luckly for me i have access to a lot of private land so i rarely see other people.

on a side note during my past scouting trip i was informed by the local farmer that some yahoos from our esteemed dnr were tracking wolves on our family property. they mentioned to the farmer he should keep an eye on his cows, he said he has a rifle, and he will put down any wolf on his property, not a pretty issue here since wolves were brought in by the dnr. now if a wolf takes out a person harassing a hunter it might be poetic justice. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Freakin' incredible! I would have taken great offense to someone rackin' a scattergun
    in my direction!!! We also have hunter harrassment laws here in KY. (terroristic
    threatening, wanton endangerment and attempted assault with a deadly weapon also
    come to mind)! I commend you for keeping the cool head. Can't say that I would have
    been so forgiving. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Hell, I thought it was bigfoot or something. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif If you really want to piss him off, send his some meat for christmas /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

This is the crime the guy committed Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which
    will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with
    the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or
    by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a
    threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out,
    which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made,
    is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to
    convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an
    immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes
    that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own
    safety or for his or her immediate family's safety, shall be punished
    by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by
    imprisonment in the state prison.

It's a good thing he stayed in his driveway while he was yelling at us and that I was with someone, or else the whuppin had been awn.