Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The info on Spring swaps?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OrangeCrushK10, Jan 8, 2005.

1. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Okay, so I keep seeing all over the board topics on spring swaps.:confused: I have no idea what kind of benifit this would have. Care to clue me in and tell me how/why it works and if/how I would do it to my K10?

Thanks! :D

2. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Depending on which spring you use from which vehicle they all have different spring rates which enable them to carry more or less weight. A spring designed to carry less weight is "softer" than a spring designed to handle heavier weight. The softer springs have more up travel therefore helping flex that much more (beware though if you use a soft spring and constantly put it in a negative arc the spring will be prone to loosing its arc or breaking, thats where your bump stops come in they will extend the life of flexy springs when tuned properly). A spring that is too soft will have excessive body roll too making it dangerous for street driving.

I am not quite sure how to explain the benifits of longer springs over a short spring. Let me think about it a few and will try to give you an explination that makes sense.