Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the "itch"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Oct 21, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

interesting night...

tonight about midnight I got the "itch"...

went to the medicine cabinet and there is nothing in there for the "itch"

so i go to hop in the 86 to go out and meet up with some friends who were in the desert already, had to put my exaust on as best I could since I litterally ripped the muffler off last time out..:eek1:

started the truck, not to loud thanl gawd..get a 1/3 of a mile and the death wabble shakes me senceless....pull into car wash, clean 4 inches of mudd off the front tires and rims...continue on..happy that im making goood time..and bam... there goes the rear u-joint...then I hear my rear shaft bouncing off a curb by the road, I coast into the gas station at the othere end of the interestion, pull in and go grab my shaft in the road..

dropped the hammer a bit much and only damage was the straps tore on the rear yoke and the u0joint caps were gone. not wanting to miss my "itch" I open my spare parts amo can and grab my u-joint bag, the first trouble was the bolts go beat up real bad front the shaft so no socket or wrench would work..out comes the socket and 5 pound sledge..get them all out, a quick check confirms fingers are in place..

notice I have no new bolts left but I do have spare straps, well the bolts were bent, and all chewed up, so im fighting it when a rv limo pulls 1/2 way in and is still in the street, he does not see me under the truck and then proceeds to honk hopping I was in the station, he then walks over and umlouds on me, I say sorry but just trying to fix it and continue on my way...not good enough so he starts yelling and cussing asking me to move the truck since he could not pull to the other pumps fo the the lay out and his 40 foot coach limo rv,, 2 ladies come out to ask what up, I am still under the truck and they were wearing som great attire considering where I was located;) anyways, guy keeps unloading on me, I ask him to calm down and quit cussing...no good. at this point im not entertained and then he says he is going to turn around and if im in his way he will push me out of here im at wiith his rear bumper! I quickly smilled and lost my interest in being nice..told him the rear mold of fiberglass on his rig is 15,000 plus, my bumper was less then a hundred and made of metal...go for it, I crawled back under said for him go fly a kite..

then I get it back together, after hammering the yuke bolts strait, and liberal use of my hammer and a wrench things worked..

call my buddy, they are still there..I go 45 minutes to get there and he is nowhere to be found.. I check out a few more area's near and finally drive back...cold. tired and thinking about putting in my heater this week:D

I still have the itch..may enter the 86 in the tough truck comp today and see how far she flys...:haha: :D still got the itch:doah:

im tired, keyboard loks fuzzy........good night I wont mention the moving my mom, her leaving he boyfriend for moral issues, sister blew the motor in ger car due to no oil and all the other crap or this would be a looooooooong rant

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You don't carry enough stuff in your truck , and you have the driveline to handle the weight :p:

10 minutes , spare shaft , spare straps , spare bolts , DONE :D

3. supersize75k5

um...

did not nead a spare shaft..

I had spare u-joints as wll as spare straps, just had previously used my spare bolts ,driveshaft is fine, this was driver error only, I can lift the rear of the truck damn near a foot on take off and do it all the time...its grabbing that next gear fully extended that made the drive shaft cry:D

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I mean, I love grabbing my shaft as much as the next guy, but I don't talk about it to strangers. :haha:

And besides, now that I'm married, I have somebody else's fingers, sockets, etc to grab my shaft for me. :deal:

At the very least, please keep your shaft-grabbing behaviours to non-public places ... I mean, IN THE ROAD? :D

-- A

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You may not of needed it , but it would insure a quick replacement , and you could replace whatever you need when you get home dude !!

And furthermore , since you use straight NON-CV shafts , it makes more sense in your case to just replace in under 10 minutes :deal:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats funny.the last time i got "the itch" i went to jail.HA HA long story

7. boggerless

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: sweet!!!

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

9. supersize75k5

glad I didnt get cought...

10. boggerless

it was one of those nights. my friend Jay had an old riviera he wanted to trash so the boys beat it to death.we then surounded it with motorcycles to get it to the jump going to where we used to wheel.when we got there we had to tell all the kids and neighbors to get back .so jay and my brother on the pass side went down the street to get up speed,when they went by and i heard that loud exaust i was laughing. when they hit the hill the car almost flipped on the pass side.:haha: :haha: they made it at least 100 ft back in the feild.THAT was one of the funniest things ive ever witnessed.i have it on tape:bow: . so we get back to the house and watch it 1000 times and then another friend shows up with a truck he just bought,JUE wants to wheel. we want to party a little more and call it a life. well after looking at his truck i convinced my younger bro to drive my truck out there. he was sober so off we went and had fun until we left:eek1: when we got to the trail out the westland cops were waiting. they said there were burguralies back there and wanted to see what we were doing.then one of them said he saw me driving:doah: and cuz i was drinking guess what happened? my sober brother drove it there and was driving out but they saw me driving in there.:dunno: that was 16 years ago.

11. boggerless

it sucked:laugh: