Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Jacket

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 11, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just finished it and the "history and deleted scenes".

Interesting, still deciding on what I really think of it. Reminds me of the butterfly effect(obvious reasons I think), but I like this much better I think.

All through the film I was trying to place the main actress.... didn't realize till the extra feature I watched that it was in fact Keira Knightly, she did the American accent, amazingly.

Sidenote the director(an englishmen), made a comment about the love scene in the movie. He said that when they tested the film, the American audiences came back saying they didn't like the love scenes much at all. His comment "what frightens me about America is how increasingly more puritan it becomes". Something I've said about our country for quite a while...

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wish it weren't over really... I don't have any other good psychological movies and the only one I know at the store I care to see was all out yesterday(all like 3 copies they had of it)

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I know you said anime wasn't your thing, but the new version of "Appleseed" is great. Shirow Masamune is a true artist.

Even deeper is "Ghost in the Shell: Innocense", which tails off of the original "Ghost in the Shell" which was good, but not as deep.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I liked it...

5. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

both these were good movies...appleseed had some cool action scenes

ghost in the shell 2 was decent, but i thought there were way too many quotes. the first one seemed like it tried to be deep just by thinking on different things. the 2nd did too, but tried to do it a lot throwing in a lot of quotes instead...i might need to watch it again though after just watching the first one again the other day...i think it hurt it that i spent half the movie reading the subtitles for the 2nd one (first is in english), and since they werent the american actors used in the first movie/stand alone complex vol's i had trouble placing who was talking at first while i was reading the text. i dont think it said in the text who was talking.....so for example i didnt realize at first it was the major warning batou in the grocery store. do they plan on releasing an english version at any point?