Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Jimmy's gotta go!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sidepipes, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

Its been a slice.... but the truck's gotta be sold. I have my vette almost done so we can only feed one beast.... and repair one beast for that fact. Hopefully the truck's average to above average condition will mean a quick sale so i can get a nice small 2wd truck to drive to work in.

I hate selling something that I still like but the wife's "banned" me from offroading (she finally figured out that I limped the broken truck along for a couple of weeks after offroading so it could not be directly linked to offroading.) so whats the point in keeping it around. Don't get me wrong she's been really nice and patient because she knows I love it.... but I've sunk way too much money restoring the vette, to also be able to have the Jimmy as a toy too.

I'll be riding shotgun in Heeps for awhile so I won't be out of the lifestyle totally.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

****ty... dont get offended when i say this... but there will be no Girlfriend or Wife ever tell me i cant wheel.... Good luck on future endeavors..

Maybe you get bored with the vette, sell it, and build a sweet truck... with the $$ from the vette.. :D

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Vette=speeding tickets, higher insurance, High risk of accidents.
    Truck=no speeding tickets (Costs too much to feed gas), low insurance (Its not a sports car- Low risk of serious accidents (Truck big, better). As long as your not a moron on the trail of course.

I feel no need ot get there fast in my trucks. Yet I always feel a need to go fast in my cars. Go figure.

4. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

I tend to go faster in my truck then I ever did in the vette(it was loud, obnoxious and veryeasy to spot). Its actually the same to insure it per month and it will be only slightly better on gas but requires premium(383, 10.5:1).

I've had the vette for 14 years, it was my first love.... it'll be my last. Offroading will always be there but it will come a distant second.

My wife is totally justified is saying no to offroading, she allows me too many pleasure in life already. We have found offroading a daily driver is too expensive right now. Plus the fact that the thing only breaks in the winter (repairing it in a snowstorm sucks)