Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Joys of Meth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Jan 11, 2006.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's some real good ****, lemme tell ya. Definately one of the worst drugs on the face of the earth. A couple of those girls were probably real cute before they got hooked.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I think I saw at least three of them at the local Wal Mart this weekend.

We have a real bad problem with it here in Western Colorado, labs and tweakers everywhere, twitchy ass sob's walking around the stores pickin' at scabs.

I don't give a sh*t about stoners, even drunks to some extent, or the weekend partiers, but these are a whole different breed. This sh*t just takes their lives over and sucks them down; quick.

We had several shootings and a murder in December, all by an "enforcer" for the meth dealers. This guy was a decent citizen 3 years ago, and last month he and his crew shot a guy in the head, took another guy out to the desert and shot him 6 times, shot at the cops twice and had the whole town in an uproar; all over a few measly thousand dollars.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Bwahahaha that was in the local paper about a year ago only they had the before pics too and I went to the bar for lunch and to see some friends and they all got quiet when i walked in, then my buddy pushed the paper over to me and said, did you see thiss, so I looked at it for a minute and finally said damnh dood that one chick actually got better lookin, the entire bar burst out laughing cause they all bet I would say that... I dunno guess ya had to be there ...:haha:

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

#2 ??i'm guessing?:laugh: IT"S REAL FUNNY TILL SOME ONE SHOOTS THEIR EYE OUT! wait wrong thingy. carry on men.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm a former long time meth user, and what you see in the papers and on the internet is the extream cases. Honestly, the majority of tweek freaks you wouldn't know unless they were spunt pretty hard at the time. I'm NOT trying too defend it by any means, just telling the truth about it. Yes, there are quite a few people that get way out of controle on the Sh*t, but it's nowhere near as bad as the midea and government try too make it out too be.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i say the oregon part, and the meth part and was expecting to see my ex wife....

hmm, the stuff is BAD.
    Grant

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

meth... baaaaad. The amount of "collateral damage" from this drug seems to be pretty bad. Lots and LOTS of theft, identify theft, violent crime and god-knows-what-else going in just because someone "needs" their next fix. Thats the sad part. I really don't care if people want to ruin their own lives... thats their problem... but when they hurt other people in the process, then the ****ers need to get owned.

In a weird way, drugs may be God's way of re-introducing natural selection. We use scientists to extend life, cure diseases etc which would weed out the weak ones in the animal kingdom. Drugs sort of take its place... the weak minded destroy themselves. I've never tried any non-prescribed drug in my life, and I never will. These things may be addictive... and may screw up your judgement.... but when every drug user takes their very first hit, they weren't addicted and their judgement was as good as it was ever going to get. Additionally, education about drugs has been good enough in the last 40 years that everyone whos sane knows they aren't good for them... ignorance is NO excuse.

j

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I honestly believe 90% or more of those people commiting crimanel acts too "suport thier habbit" would be doing the same crap without the drugs. I never stold, robbed, raped, murdered, ...ect. in over 20 years of spinning. People use it as a excuse when they get popped.

10. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Not just there on the dry side, but everywhere all over the West. It is an epidemic that is overwhelming the whole LEO community.

There's a whole region near Chico, CA that you don't go into unless you KNOW the area. An underground lab was found in the middle of the desert east of Palmdale, CA. Those are just the stories I know of, I'm sure there's many, many more.

11. jekbrown

definitely wouldn't doubt it. I think the exception might pop up in a scenario where you have a guy who has a little crook hiding inside who would definitely steal stuff from time to time and does so to support his drug habit. Big problem though is when a guy like this decides to smash/grab in some old ladies house and she happens to walk in on the guy as he's grabbing her jewelry. Theft is the kind of thing he might have done with or without drugs... but with drugs and his addiction in the picture, maybe he clocks her in the head with a crowbar so he can make his escape instead of something... uhh... less than that violent. I dunno, never been one of these thugs... I just think it might push some of the people you are talking about over the violent-criminal line.

j

12. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

13. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

sorry guess it wont go to the pic

its pic number 6

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

At my age I only know 3 kinds of meth freaks.
    They either quit using meth, are dead, or in jail.
    Funny how you never see any old tweakers around.

15. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You know I did use some drugs, but I have always noticed users have specific names (tweakers, stoners...) for the drugs they use, we should just call them all "Loosers" and not segregate them.

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I disagree. Perhaps in your area this might be accurate. However, in my area (major metropolitan Ca. SF bay area), you can attribute about 90% of the thefts to a dope habit. You find a guys feet sticking out of a car in zero dark thirty in the morning relieving some poor citizen of their car stereo and guess what? Supporting a dope habit. You find a guy ripping off mail so he can commit identity theft, guess what? Dope habit. You find a couple of guys doing a cowboy bank robbery, guess what? High during the robbery and the proceeds go to dope. You stop a hooker working and guess what? High on dope and spending her proceeds on dope. You get to know the strippers and 75% of them have a dope habit. You catch a guy committing internal theft at a company and guess what? Dope habit. You hear about a drive by shooting and guess what? Gang related and usually fighting over dope sales turf. When I say dope, I am not just referring to meth, but all drugs. Drugs and alcohol are either directly related to or in some way related to about 80% of all crimes in my estimation.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My experence is mostly with meth. I can only speak about my personal experences and about the peoole I know/knew. Over the years that I was involved, I knew alot of people that used meth. Yes, there are people that do steal, rob, ...ect. but again, I think the vast majority of those would have been commiting crimes without the dope. It's funny, Myself, and none of the people I delt with commited any crimes other then possession, and delivery. Sure I've meet people who did steal, but you know what, I meet them in jail. (I have been in jail for possession). Even when I was a spin monkey, I didn't want too be around any thieves. Didn't want any of them too know where I lived, ...ect. I'd be willing too bet, for every thieven bastard, there is 10, 20, 30, or more users that do NOT steal, rob, ...ect. Like I said, I'm not trying too defend drugs in any way shape or form. nI just can't stand anything being blown out of perportion. It's like saying all wheelers are destroying the enviorment. Sure, a few trash the trails, but the majority do not.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Were ya with them 24/7/365???????????????????????????:wink1:

Apples and oranges, this thing isn't blown out of proportion. Most crime is drug related.

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yep, what Bubba said. the great state of Oklahoma made OTC sale of Psuedoephidrine much more difficult. Have to show ID and log your name in. Needless to say, the labs decreased substantially.

John

20. jekbrown

Oregon is doing similar things. Its worth noting that it isn't going to work. All it will do is decrease the number of labs in the local area... at the same time the amount of tweaker-fuel imported from places like Mexico or neighboring states will simply go up. No idea why anyone thought putting sudafed behind the counter will do anything... the raw materials for making cocain aren't grown anywhere in the USA and yet you can get coke no problem.

Another example of the madness related to meth-control is that in the past if some tweaker came in and bought a TON of sudafed every day then the people at the store could call the cops and say "there is this guy who looks like a tweaker buying tons of sudafed" and the fuzz could do something about it. Many states are trying to make (or have made) it require a prescription to get. Sounds like a good idea right? wrong. Now meth-cookers can come in and buy all the sudafed they want and no matter how suspicious the pharacist is its illegal for them to call the cops about it because prescribed drugs move the entire transaction into a priviledged dr/patient realm. All the meth head needs to do is go to a friendly doctor with a cold all the time and get a "fill as needed" prescription and he/she/it has a lifetime supply with nothing to fear from the cops.

j