Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The K10 SWB Crew Cab takes to the trail*PICS*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTMike, Jul 6, 2006.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

And what a hack-job it is.... but it got out there and ran hard. The box isn't done yet and the fuel tank (a 40 gal sub tank) is ratchet strapped to the frame. I'm working on getting the fuel tank taken care of before Divide Ride.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, don't use a ratchet strap as a battery tie-down, or it will break and the battery will land on the headers, melt through and spew acid onto (and melt) your spark plug wires, thus making your engine run like CRAP
    [​IMG]

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Sweetness!

Any clearance issues with the back tires and cab?

And howd the new FJcruiser do out there?

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

lookin good mike!

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

A little, I chopped part of the cab corner and had a little rubbing when i flexed. When I get the box bobbed and put on I'll cut into the door corner a little and finish the fender off into the back of the cab.

The FJ did great! His only mod was a more agressive tire and he did really well on that trail (A solid 3 rated)

Mike

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Glad to see you have it running Mike. Was this the "shakedown" run for it? We'll be in early for Divide ride. You'll have to give me a full tour of the rig then.

Looks killer!

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna be wrenching on it until we leave on the first trail on Thursday morning. :doah: Me and a couple buddies got the box chopped spliced and test-fit onto the frame. It fits great but we've more cutting to do before we can mount it. I've also got to rig up a battery hold down and a couple other loose ends.

I'll be to Leadore around noon on Wednesday. Come by my camp when you get in...... it won't be hard to miss where I"m at...... Just look for a black 05 Cummins Dually with a $500 slide-in camper on the back and my hackjob rig on the trailer behind it :D

7. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

8. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

hehehe, i had the same thing happen to me with the battery landing on the headers. the acid is cool when it hits mud, starts bubbling and fizzing.