Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

THE K5 IS COMNING BACK, BABY!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by derek2002, Jan 16, 2001.

1. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

I just got home from the NAIAS in Detroit!!! They had a prototype of a new K5 Blazer!! It is BAD ASS! I have a bunch of pictues and I am uploading right now. Just thought I would share....

Later,

-Derek
    1986 3/4 Ton & 1987 Blazer Project
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.4chevy.com>http://www.4chevy.com</A>

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Bring 'em on man! Check out a post about a week back, we had a little talk on it. The feelings were mixed but most people were glad to hear it might be possible. I suppose I better start saving a little now and one day I might get one. It one be as special as my '82 to me but should be a better daily truck

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

3. Blazer_Boy

I wrote a letter to GM asking them about the new K5 and they pretty much slammed the door in my face, here it is...

Thank you for your recent communication to Chevrolet requesting information on the K5 Blazer.

Unfortunately, this is a Concept Vehicle and we are unable to provide any production information at
    this time. Chevrolet's plans for the future are exciting. We wish we could share those plans with
    you, but it is traditional in the automotive industry to keep all details confidential until public
    announcement.

If we can be of further assistance in providing sales information on our current product line,
    please contact the Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020 weekdays.

Sincerely,

Tammy Kibler
    Customer Relationship Manager
    GM Internet Response Center

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

damn dude.....thats some cold sh!t......

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!
    Check out the Shag-site: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</A>
    nuthin like a heavy chevy!

5. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's some cold s#$% but why should Chevrolet give that d#$n german owned do45e group a heads-up. Remember, they've been putt'n solid axles in the front of trucks lately. I think it's an appropriate response. I suspect they'll figure out how to screw it up somehow though; if they keep listening to the marketing folk.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

...I don't know - I don't see that response as a slam. Think about thier position - they don't know if you're really working for Ford or Chrysler, and they're sure as hell not gonna give up any secrets after sinking millions into research and development. It's not personal - just business.

behemoth K5

7. Blazer_Boy

I made some tiny effort to at least tell GM what this vehicle needs if they put it into production. I told 'em to get there butt over to this forum and check out the previous post with the pics of the new K5. We talked about getting rid of that IFS crap, having the hardtop, and those doors. I doubt they care or checked it out but at least I can say I didn't set on my thumbs about it. If it gets off the ground they'll probrably screw it up thanks to their "market research" but I can always hope not.

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I will get some pics too if they have it at the Philly show in three weeks.

<font color=blue>"It's just a differentialator....Totally unnecessary" [​IMG]</font color=blue>

9. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

Here is the address of the Photopoint album. The guy said it has a 6.0L Vortec putting out 400HP and 335Ft/lbs of torque. It has only been out of the prototype center for 4 days. He had no idea when or even if it will go into production. There isnt even a top designed for it yet... There is a third brake light in the back, and blinkers in the mirrors.... This thing is BAD!!! Check it out...

http://www.4chevy.com

10. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

guys remember that not all of us are rock crawlers. as far as i am concerened, i would prefer the IFS. i bounce around sand dunes and the desert, so i would only lift it about 4" with fabricated front arms. i think it is an excellent looking truck (assuming it is on a truck frame). the suicide doors are great. i would never prefer IFS on my 78, but that is my hardcore do anything, tow everyone, go anywhere truck. the new k5 would be my daily driver, highway runner and mild dune blaster. the only thing i would be worried about is the 6.0. usually the concept vehicles have better motors than the same production vehicles. HEY GM IF YOU CAN READ THIS...I LOVE IT!!!!.....PUT IT IN TO PRODUCTION!!!!!!!.... DEFINATLEY KEEP THE 6.0!!!!!!....AND SEND A COUPLE OVER HERE TO SAUDI!!!!!!!!!

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

So is it actually the size of the older blazers? Or did they go a little bit smaller? I'm with Nyyef, this thing would be a good daily driver/trip vehicle. IFS would be pretty good with this vehicle due to the way it would ride. I'm not saying it wouldn't ever get lifted or see a trail, but I have my current K5 to hit the trails with.

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

12. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i don't think it will ever happen-if it does it will just be another ubanized yuppie grocery getter trying to steal some credibility by using the name of a previous successful vehichle-face it guys the stout purpose built vehichle days are over and they will never return-just keep building your own bad ass toys cause nobody else will do it for you!!!