Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The K5 will be gone by this weekend

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Nov 8, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

So after Sunday, no more 4 wheeling for me for a while. I had bought an 80 Malibu to build a street car but after today it looks like I'm selling that too :screwy:
    I stumbled across a different board I've been watching and found a guy selling a "67 chevelle SS body". He said it was rough and no motor or trans. No big deal since that's how I bought my Malibu.
    It turns out that the car is a real 67 SS396 4 speed car. Comes with the 4 speed console and good SS dash, 12 bolt posi w/4:10's and ladder bars. I'm picking it up Friday :D

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Congrats on the find and good luck with the car!

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my dream car... :)

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Dude, I wanta see pics !!!!! :eek1:

5. big pappa b

How's this??

DCP_0754.JPG

DCP_0758.JPG

DCP_0760.JPG

DCP_0764.JPG

DCP_0765.JPG

6. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

badass.

heres my dad in his old LS6 70 SS454. running low 12's with only 4.11's, posi, and slicks. cant believe he sold it :(

70SS09.jpg

7. gauder

gauder Banned

BADASS! Congrats on the score. One of my favourites. Looks real rough, lol.

8. big pappa b

that's what he kept telling me. After I saw the pics I said consider it sold...unless the frame is completely rotted thru..which it isn't. I can't wait. It's all I've been thinking about all day and I have to wait until Friday to get it :mad:

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you sir, are a bastard. :eek1: i wish i could find some projects that are that far gone.

10. big pappa b

and it's gonna be really cool with the 454 and a HUGE turbo charger hangin off the front :D The turbo I have my eye on will support 1400HP :eek1: ...of course that's with the boost turned WAYYYYYY up

11. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

It gonna be a carb'd turbo 454 or are you gonna go the conventional EFI route when you put the hairdryer on it?

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Nice!

My older brothers friend has a 1967 Chevelle SS 396,with a muncie four speed,a factory big block SS all original completely unmolested,that he bought in california about 10 years ago with 60,000 original miles!..its a really nice car,you don't see many that mint..he's refused 18 grand for it.. :bow:

He bought it out of an ad in Hemmings motor news--the guy sent him a VHS tape he took of the car,with footage of it being driven,up on a lift to show it had a mint undercarriage,and all the stuff you'd look at if you were there in person buying it..he bought it sight unseen,and flew out to LA to buy it,and drove it home to MA in 3 days!..he said he felt like he was dreaming the whole way home,like he'd died and gone to heaven!..

That car your buying looks pretty good too,though its probably been raced,by the looks of the ladder bars,etc..nothing wrong with that--I'm just a purist I guess..I prefer originality when it comes to classic muscle cars,but not everyone feels that way..my 69 GTO had a few "modifications" .. :rolleyes:

I like the 66 Chevelle's looks the best--has a "mean" look on its nose,like its scowling and smirking at the same time,at all the Fords trying to beat it.. :saweet:

13. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

this thread makes me sad ;( i have a rough 64 impala ss 327 2 speed powerglide in my shed..but i dont have a grage to tear it down and fix up what needs to be fixed it needs to be paited a little interior ressurection pull the motor and repaint fix all the chome trimming and so forth...but anyway nice score ;D

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Great find. I used to have a '66 (it was a SB/PG Malibu, though). The '66 & '67 are my favorite body style.

15. big pappa b

Ok, you all saw the pics. I just got back from looking at it and gave the guy a deposit until I pick it up Friday. It is a “True SS car” It’s a factory 396 – 4 speed car. I checked all the usual spots, VINs, fuel line size …everything you are supposed to look for..It’s there! The trunk is rust free and no evidence of rust at this time but there are a few spots where some minor body work has been done. My magnet stuck to all the metal :D
    Included in the deal is the 4 speed console with the knee knocker tach (minus the tach) console is in good condition. I will have to replace all the wiring since the wiring harness in laying in the floorboard, replace the drivers side front floor pan and a big part of the trans tunnel on the drivers side floor area. Whoever the “IDIOT” was that had the car before cut out a huge hole in the tunnel. You see the cowl hood scoop? The IDIOT cut a hole in the factory SS HOOD and put on the cowl piece of crap. The louvers for the SS hood are under the edges of the cowl. I’m not terribly worried out that since I plan to keep this one FOREVER.

So now that you know the bad and have seen the pics….What is the most you would have paid for this?

After I get some replies I will post what I paid

thanks

16. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What you did and what you should have I'm sure are two way different things but I'm going to guess $750 cause its worth way more then that and I'm guessing the guy is clueless.

17. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

unmolested its probally a 20,000 or 30,000 car.

18. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

id say a lot only cuz chevelle bring in the money. :bow:

My dad bought a 66 283 nothing special car for 11k this past summer. The motor was gone through and had some hop ups on it, had a 700r4, vintage air, and a few other things. Its getting a 454 now. :D

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Wow, doesn't look too rough to me.

20. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

I'd have to say you gave about $1500 if the guy has any clue what he has. Less if he didn't. Nice score by the way.