Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The last 48 hours of my life.......(Rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84CUCV, Aug 12, 2005.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I always thought treat ppl how you want to be treated, and one hand washes another. Stuff like that. NOW i know that is all BS. Just when i thought things where getting better too and i could be a better b/f and help my family out a bit it all comes crashing down because i am a a$$hole that had to open my mouth. Was at the bar the other night. I cant drink, just along for the ride. I talked about the job i was getting after some kid left, 78-79 ferd trucks i was allowed to cut apart and best of all a 500 doller 1ton crew cab. I felt damn good. Some bastard in the group got the job for a whole 1.20 less then me a hour. Got the two fords for 400 bucks and got the crewcab for 600. I dont know who got what but, dont really care. Nobody called me or anything. Got there and he was there. wtf??I wanted to beat him so very bad. He didnt even look at me. Felt like a ass standing there wondering what the heck was going on. I would have paid that for three trucks. I cant believe this ****. I just really screwed myself. Turned down two jobs because i thought i had one locked up. Now this is what really gets me. My cousin needed the D60 to finish his K5. Well, i just f**ked that up big time. Such a asshole now i just screwed my cousin, the best kid in my whole family. I really let him down, just beacuse i opened my mouth. Well, i was hopping this would make me feel better, i was wrong. Time to go hit the bag. I am done whining now..........

Sorry to make it so long........
    Screw me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Karma...

I'm not sure I read your post right...but are you saying someone heard you talking about the trucks YOU were supposed to get,and they got there before you did?? and got them before you could??...if so,that sucks,,I would not consider anyone who'd do that a friend.. :mad:

But what goes around comes around!--maybe the Dana 60 is cracked,and the trucks are worthless POS,and they will end up the losers!...you might have been done a favor,and you dont realize it yet...even if they do make out,in the end they will get theirs..they always do!.. :crazy:

There was a deaf girl who lived next door to me--she was riding her bike all over town,collecting soda cans to cash in--she even made enough money to buy a new moped!..but she didn't get to use it...

One day on a nearby street,a speeding drunk driver hit her on her bike--it was partly her fault for not looking before crossing the street(I heard she DID look,but while she was already in the path of his car)..she was airlifted to a hospital 50 miles away,but died shortly after arriving there...left her family heartbroken,and saddled with thousands of dollars in medical expenses--the copter ride alone was 3 grand!..

The guy was found guilty,but had his trial delayed many times..he never served a day in jail,and never paid a penny in restitution--the girls sister told he he sneered at her in the courtroom as he walked out,and flipped her the bird!...she ended up paying the bills herself,and her mother died shortly after her sister did of lung cancer... :(

But about 2 years ago,I saw the guys name in the obituaries!--he was driving drunk again,and had lost control of his car,crashed into another car,then hit a pole,which split in two,and landed on his car,crushing his skull--he laid in a coma for several weeks before he died..the car he hit had only minor damage,nobody got seriously injured..

Its nice to see justice done,even if its from beyond the grave!..he got what he deserved,and I feel anyone who wrongs you is mostly hurting themselves,not you...they will get theirs..might not be tommorrow--but they WILL get it.... :crazy:

3. 84CUCV

yea, you got it right. They got there and offerd cash. cash really is everything and nobody goes by there word anymore. I thought most ppl had some good in them, after that i know i was wrong. Dont know why ai can cam down from this. the job is the big thing, been out of work for a while and now i messed up on my cousin. I see i am just about scared at what i might do. wow, do i feel bad for that girl. Never lost anyone like that. that must really hurt.

i guess all in all at lease i know the truth about ppl. So much for friends......

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I'd have too tell all my friends what this guy did !!!! Let them know how he screwed you over on it. I'd also tell the guy that wormed you that he owes you a free D60.

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

KILL EVERYONE THATS INVOLVED AND GUILTY!!!!!......oh sorry :blush: :surepal: :whistle: just a fantasy, dont mind me, just think'in out loud :D. just kidding man, just tryin to get a laugh out of ya. sorry to here about that. i would have a few words with that dude though. just thought of that fantacy seen in dumb & dumber at the end when jim carry's character meets that girls boyfriend. man, if that was just legal sometimes.

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Drain the gear oil out of his trucks.
    Just ranting, I hate back stabbing a-holes like that.

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

please refer to my I hate humans thread they all still suck! See I told ya!

8. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

You can't lose what you do not have.
    You did not have the trucks or the job yet, so don't let yourself get so upset on what you almost had. It's kind of like hunting deer. You have to be VERY QUITE untill you got your tag on it. ;)
    So let it go and start looking for the next job.
    Good luck

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats something I learned the hard way a long time ago.

When you see something you want and are able to get it, get it ASAP. Do not wait. I repeat....DO NOT WAIT. There are hundreds of other people EXACTLY like you....wanting the same thing.

The other thing to do is, DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT WITH OTHER PEOPLE. Keep your pie hole shut. Its a deal between YOU and the SELLER, no one else. This is the other thing I learned that lost me some good deals, too.

You wouldn't believe the stuff that slipped thru my hands all because I waited a little bit. Either I was waiting for more money or time, I lost out.

The best thing you can do is make sure you have a credit card. This is the most practical and sure fire way to get what you need, NOW. Big deal on the interest rates. At least you'd have your parts.

I've got 6 or 7 different credit cards and I've got them ready for that "score".

10. 84CUCV

You guys are right. thatk30guy, you right on right. i deserve this. this is what i get for talking about it. sent you a pm k30guy

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

me and my big mouth..

My big mouth made me lose out on a truck once..I was working at a parts store,and a customer had a 1975 K5 that needed some repairs..after I quoted him the prices on all the parts,he stood there for a minite,and said"screw it,I'm gonna scrap the F'n thing!--I cant see spending any more money on it!"

I asked him how much he'd sell it for--he said "give me 150 bucks and its yours!" :eek1: :laugh: ....I should have given him the 25 bucks I had in my pocket for a down payment right there and then!--but my boss was listening to the entire conversation over my shoulder--(He was very anal about any of the counter guys lining up work at our shops,like installing a customers water pump as an example,to make extra cash!)..so I didn't dare "seal the deal" right there and then--I told the guy to write his phone # and adress down,and I'd meet him after work with the cash...

Well,I waited on another guy who was also a 4x4 gm truck fan,and he saw the guy I just "bought" the truck from as he was leaving--this guy said,gee,not a bad blazer--I wonder if its for sale???--I told him I just made arrangements to buy it from him!(like an idiot!)..He never even had me look up his parts--instead,he went right out the door,and followed the guy to his house(after catching up to him at a redlight!)..

He bought the truck for 200 bucks,after the owner said "I already told the guy at the parts store it was his for 150 bucks"...the other guy said F*** him,he didn't sign anything---I'll give you 200 cash right now"...so he sold it to him!--I was very pissed off when I got to his house,and the other guy was just leaving in his "new" K5!..the owner apologized,but said I should have given him a down payment...and he was sorry I was PO'd at him,but I DID realize it was MY mouth that started it all!--If I'd had said "no,he'd never sell that truck",I bet the guy would never have chased him down,and bought it out from under me! :doah: ....yup--open mouth,insert foot.. :surepal:

I didn't feel so bad after a few weeks--the guy who bought it was in the store nearly every day buying parts for K5!--it seems its nearly rust free body was the only thing it had going for it!..I sold him a timing chain and gears (jumped time 3 days after he bought it! :haha: )and ALL the u-joints were shot,as well as the CV joint on the front shaft,the tranny had a crack in the case,and was leaking 3 qts a week,and the motor smoked pretty bad shortly after he put the timing chain it it!--

(and I sold him quite a few "wrong" parts on purpose,as a bit of revenge! :D ..never piss off your auto parts counterman! :shame: :whistle: )..he asked me if I'd still consider buying it,after he spent about 500 bucks on it--I said "I'll give you 300 for it,no more!"...but he declined,said he spent more than that on it already--after that I was GLAD I didn't buy it first!..but I learned to keep my "pie hole" :rotfl: shut after that episode!..too many backstabbers out there waiting to snatch a deal away from you..gotta keep them under your hat!.. :blush: :crazy:

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no, he didnt get what he deserved. he was in a coma, and probably didnt have any idea anything was even wrong. true justice would be conciousness and severe pain for several weeks, and then death.

13. 84CUCV

beaterk20, you have a point there

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

.....and of course the sister going to visit him in his hospital room and flipping HIM the bird!! :crazy:

As for the other subject:

1. Always have the cash for the "deal" you're waiting for. If you don't actually have the cash, you're not really a buyer.....you're a dreamer.

2. When you find the deal....do it IMMEDIATELY!! The people who wait around for a "call back" or send emails instead of making the trip in-person will always lose out to a more tenacious buyer. Burt4x4 scored two complete BBC motors for $375 because he was willing to follow up immediately on a hot tip I gave him. Take Action!

3. Save the bragging until after you have your "score" safely tucked away at your own place.

Live and learn.....there are plenty of deals out there. Next time you'll be truly ready (and wiser) :usaflag:

15. 84CUCV

Good stuff there Greg 72. You are right on. I know what i am doing next time. mike

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I know it'sbeen said, but I'll repeat it; don't wait or the deal will be gone...

I had a chance a few months ago to buy a condo dirt cheap that was rented for a year with positive cash flow. I waited around, jabbered about it with my wife, then finally decided I would try to pursue it. When I called the seller back, it had already been sold to a couple in California that did exactly what I *didn't* do; they saw the deal and jumped on it right away.