Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

THE LAST OF THE KAYLINE TOPS!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigTex, Feb 14, 2001.

1. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Fellas, I gotta tell you I just bought ONE OF THE LAST BLACK KAYLINE TOPS!!!. I received it last night. I got THE LAST top that Cheyenne Pickup parts had (at least that's what they told me). Once I heard the news I had to get one right away since I was planning on doing so later and didn't know if I would ever be able to get one. I called several places but none seemed to have any. I did find a bunch of '76-'91 tops somewhere (I can't remember the name of the place right now), but they are all in white. If any of you are interested, let me know and I will look up the name of the place. If anything, the white ones could be painted with vinyl paint, which is what I was going to do if I couldn't find any black ones. I just had to put up this meaningless post because I was so excited!!! I think we can find more out there if we work together.

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Where did you see the 1976 to 1991 tops at?

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I can't remember the name of the place. I'm at work right now and have the ad in one of my Fourwheeler mags at home. It is the March issue I believe and it is in the end in the ads section. I will look in the mag tonight and post the info as soon as I get it.

4. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Hey, Brett. Got the info. The name of the company is Quadratec. As of Friday morning, they still had 9 white (and only white!!!) tops available. You can reach them at 1-800-745-5337. I think they are located in Pennsylvania.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok well u suck....thats the one i called for and they said they had it and then went back to check and it had already been sold like 30 mins befor i called...once again you suck

j/k

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

6. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Sorry, Chaz. I'm actually going to continue to call around and search the net for more places that may have them. I will let you know if I come across any and if you are interested, I'll ask them to place it on hold or something.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

hahhahaha

<font color=green> Come with us, and we'll sail the sea's of cheese...</font color=green>

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i just called every kayline distribitor on the list that are in the u.s. and i found 3 left in pennsylvania...not the fast track but the snap style for a 69-72 5k......they have one black and one white left after my order...it is hoaks 4wd center...1-800-827-1341..total it was 480 w/shipping

i called a total of 64 places....took me a little over 3 hrs to find em...so no joke...i called everyone on the list that kayline has on their web site...so whats left in pennsylvania is it.
    if anyone happens to have a fast track type i could take off their hands i would like to do so..

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by chaz88k5 on 02/14/01 01:14 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Just called and they told me that htey have 10 white tops left. Dose any ano know if with these tops i will have to drill in to the body of my truck? and if i do will the wholes get covered by the top hard top then i put it back on?

10. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

i'm pretty sure that with the fastrac style there will be nothing visable when the hard top is back on, dunno though with the snap style...
    yesterday i called Turner and got their last black fastrac for my '86, said there's a white one left....cost just over 5 bills with shipping.
    i was gonna lift my rig with this $$ but with the Kayline news i opted for the soft top instead.....in time....
    peace.
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com>http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com</A>

11. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Yesterday I ordered the old style top for my 74. I got it from Turner's in Atlanta. They said they had a few left in black. They have the standard 2% tint. Give them a call and see if they still have any 1-800-843-5337. They run around $456.65 plus $20 or so shipping.

74 Blazer
    Kashmir
    Zepplin