Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Late P. Benchley movie Jaws & Jaw 2

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77blazin, May 12, 2006.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Hi,
    I'm looking for information on the 2 blazers used in the 1976 movie Jaws and the following movie Jaws 2, I know this is a tech discussion forum but I'm looking for the exterior & interior colors from both blazers, I know these two K/5s were not the same.
    Were they Silverado, Cheyenne or Custom, did they have power windows A/C etc..etc..
    I know most of you seen these movies back in the days of big white leatherback eating us people while swimming at the beaches, based on true events (Most common here in Hawaii too) but would like to get as much info on these blazers, any pictures would help also.
    Mike

2. k5lover

k5lover Registered Member

Ther's a cool site that lists vehicles that appear in movies HERE but I didn't find the K5's that are in Jaws...

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The blue and white Blazer in the was Catalina blue and Frost white (Special two tone exterior)

The other one was "Yuba gold"

Tons of good info here: http://brochures.slosh.com/

Rene

4. k5lover

k5lover Registered Member

Screenshots of the K5 from Jaws 1

This is the only K5 I saw in the original Jaws.

jaws_K5_3.jpg

jaws_K5_1.jpg

jaws_K5_4.jpg

jaws_K5_7.jpg

jaws_K5_8.jpg

5. tRustyK5

Jaws II had a 76 or 77 that was two tone blue and white...

Rene

6. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Rene,
    Thanks for the information, but if I remember correctly, if the second movie Jaws 2 had the 76 or 77 blazer, then in the interior front seats should be lowback, but I seen in the middle of the movie where the Chief was driving his wife into town, showing them inside the blazer having highback seats which is known to be in the 1978 and on blazers, very puzzling in the second movie.
    K5lover,
    Thanks for the pics on the 1975 version blazer, you have corrected me without a doubt that convertables are better on the beach.
    Mike

7. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I'm ertainly no expert but the pics above, the one from the first movie, I'm calling a 74, Its not a 73 cause of the badging, but in 75 the cheyenne grill was different, The pics above show a 73-74 grill with 74-late 70's fender badges. So i say 74.

As to the second movie with the blue one, not having seen it or pics, one question that comes to mind is does it have all the side moulding on it. If it does and the trim stripes are yellow its a 77, if they are't yellow its not a 77. 77 was the only year they did yellow striped side moulding and all side moulding in 77 was supposed to be yellow striped.

8. tRustyK5

Just googled "Jaws 2" and saw that it was made in '78...so it stands to reason the blue and white Blazer was a '78.

Rene