Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the latest idea to come out of my head..........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Nov 5, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok my suburban is down til next september at the soonest. its not coming to phoenix and its not getting a new motor before next october probably.

i want to get 'glass fenders a 'glass hood and a set of 'glass bedsides for it. cut out the old metal sides and clip in the 'glass ones, and make the hood and fronts removable too. i wanna get a set of 6" tuff country springs for the rear and probably just get a shackle flip on the rear. i want about a 2-3" sag /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif, and with a total of 8" on the front and 6" on the rear im thinkin a wanna run some 38" PJs or TSLs...

one day it'll have coilovers on the front but not for a loong time... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i realize you love your sub... but i think you have the wrong vehicle for everything i see you wanting to do.. the raised front and dropped rear looks fine and functions more on tundra's then subuubans.. but hey.. to each his own. i just see everything you post makes me think you LOVE the bub, but also have taste that would be better suited on say a ranger, f150, or tacoma or some desert vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

* the reason for my thinking is that if you are into desert racing a small light vehicle would last longer then the sub

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    some desert vehicle

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

What the hell is wrong with a Sub as a desert vehicle? Too old? Old school in the dez is cool...............

Don't worry muddysub, I've got your back with the 28 oz. Easton whupp'in stick of doom............... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no, weight and top heaviness would be the point. I'd hate to see a burban get big air then get a little tippy when it hit the ground.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno i never liked the saggy look...even if your doing it for performance reasons i still PERSONALLY wouldnt do it..just looks to goofy to me..but thats just me and im goofy to so... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would not go with tuff country if you plan on jumping it. My blazer sees a lot of air at Pismo Dunes and I know first hand that they might be good for flex but the weight of your ride will flaten them the first time you see a couple of feet of air. My BDS were great for the rocks but one jump and the blazer now sits 2 inches lower. Thats why I ordered a set of custom Deavers springs. Even with glass bed sides that thing is still going to heavy.

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Don't do it for the simple reason that clear tail lights don't look good on a "desert suburban" either. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Okay, I'm serious now. I think it's a great idea /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I always like to see the new ideas people come up with, so I think yours is a good one.
    BUT, just as a suggestion, don't you think starting with a 2wd burb would be a better platform for several reasons like suspension, weight, etc.? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. muddysub

im not sayin i want it to be a desert racer... and yes i plan on building a bad ass excursion killing 2wd prerunner suburban one day. i just dont plan on ever taking my sub down any tight trails so the extra width is not an issue, i play in the mud mostly, and yes jumping a suburban at the dunes would attract some attention. and i love the prerunner look. but of course its gonna be functional too. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    dunno i never liked the saggy look...even if your doing it for performance reasons i still PERSONALLY wouldnt do it..just looks to goofy to me..but thats just me and im goofy to so...

[/ QUOTE ] yea ive always thought that trucks look goofy with the rear end higher than the front. level is good, saggy butt is better. IMHO

9. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

there is nothing wrong with jumping a burb....

99, 3/4 ton, leather..bla, bla ect..

[​IMG]

lets just say it's reached (3) 3 feet and 3 thousand in damage from my 4 monthes of fun, yes I learned my lesson thank you very much, it just got it's rear rebuilt at the dealership = $$$$ and a A ARM as well as almoast every bushing in the front.

Not to mention the t-case, and 3 sensors and the carpet padding, smelly from water to the pedals /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Ahh...to be young /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Saggy butt looks good?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Yes! I have the sexiest truck on Earth!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. muddysub

oh my suburban has left the ground a few times. the most recent one was totally unintentional... i was driving about 25mph across the desert and dropped off of a 4-5' plateau. it was all graded off ready to have buildings built on it, and i couldnt see the drop off until i was in the air... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BUT, just as a suggestion, don't you think starting with a 2wd burb would be a better platform for several reasons like suspension, weight, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]
    But not $$$$ wise. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

True /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Search out pics of Mark Harbor's blue ~69 4x4 Sub. He raced it at MDR events one season two-ish years ago. First Sub I'd seen with a full length cage and 4 Mastercraft seats bolted to the cage. Every pic I've seen of it was airborne.

15. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok my suburban is down til next september at the soonest. its not coming to phoenix and its not getting a new motor before next october probably.

i want to get 'glass fenders a 'glass hood and a set of 'glass bedsides for it. cut out the old metal sides and clip in the 'glass ones, and make the hood and fronts removable too. i wanna get a set of 6" tuff country springs for the rear and probably just get a shackle flip on the rear. i want about a 2-3" sag /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif, and with a total of 8" on the front and 6" on the rear im thinkin a wanna run some 38" PJs or TSLs...

one day it'll have coilovers on the front but not for a loong time... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think building a prerunner sub is a great Idea, and can be done with the right parts, ur definatly gonna wanna move to longer springs, no big deal esacially with all the room on a sub, 52s in the front and 63s in the back, custom deavers would be nice since thats there specialty, but please dont have sit higher in the front, thats so ugly just have it sit level. BTW my K5 is headed in the direction of prerunner and seen it done on a few. pretty trick, its fun go a give the turd rangers a run for there money.

16. muddysub

when i build a prerunner 2wd sub one day its gonna have coilovers on the front. hell my 4x4 that i have now will too one day... and yes the rear end is gonna sit lower, cuz it looks badass!!!!

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ya know what else is badass... Your new sig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif