Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The latest stuck pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 8, 2007.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I guess I had to get the '83 K5 muddy before I traded it off... had to get it stuck once too. A small block, 10-bolt axles and 33" all-terrains definitely aren't what I'm used to. It made me humble again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But everyone got stuck at least once.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Thats what I'm talking 'bout! Looks like you had a blast.

It will be like that here soon, as soon as the frost goes out the logging roads will be nothing but a ribbon of sink holes through the woods.

3. stout87k5

stout87k5 Registered Member

Nice pics!

Nice pics man! Where did all that take place? I Just moved to Colville and was wondering where I could do some wheeling. Somebody over at 4x4MECCA said you were in the same neck of the woods so I checked out your web site. All I have to say is damn that is one hell of a impressive collection. My wife bitched about all my vehicles before we moved and I only had four! I dont know if my truck would keep up with yours [all stock fer now] but maybe we could get together sometime, have a beer and do some wheeling. You can shoot me a e mail if like at stoutcameron@yahoo.com

4. mountainexplorer

We're having a play day/weekend up there on April 28th and 29th. We have one short and deep mudhole that looks pretty nasty right now. This is what it looked like last fall:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1439189593

and this clip has some video from our mud play day last year at my place:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=711185913

Should be fun, and everyone's welcome to come up and play and even camp... at least those who don't mind camping at a place that feels like a wrecking yard.

5. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

good stuff as always allan!

6. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Always looks like fun Allan. I'll make it up there, one of these days...

7. stout87k5

stout87k5 Registered Member

Thanks for the invite, sounds like a good time. I dont know if the wants to do any camping right now [pregnant] but Im going to try and make it. With or without her!

8. Ten_Bucks

Ten_Bucks 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd love to have another K5 with that same paint scheme on it. Reminds me of the '83 I had that was stolen from my uncle's driveway a few years back and never recovered.

Scott

9. mountainexplorer

Well, it's going bye bye here tomorrow. I have the '83 K5 traded for an '82 K30 Diesel. The K30 has a bad tranny (TH400) but is otherwise whole and has a 205, Dana 60, and winch, as well as 4" lift and good 33" tires. I figure the K5 needs alot of little things that are minor, the K30 has a major problem (tranny) but in the long run I'd rather have the 1-ton truck and I have a TH400 lined up for it.

The guy wanted like $2500 for the truck with bad tranny, which in my opinion isn't worth that... but I offered the K5 in trade and it seems like a go.

My only setback is the title got lost, and I've been trying to coordinate with the previous K5 owner to get the release of interest/affidavit of lost title form signed and notarized, but he gets off work at 5 or so and home by 5:30 and every notary in Spokane leaves and goes home at 5:30 or 5.

I think I may go see what it takes to become a Notary that offers services after 6pm just since it seems that none exist.

10. YZEATER

YZEATER 1/2 ton status

that would make sense for you. be able to do all your own transfers then.