Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Lawnmower Man....meaning(ful or less - add your suffix) rants from work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Dec 1, 2004.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well let's get it going rit chere (right here, but with the redneck southern North Carolina dialect).

If you own or plan to own a Snapper, burn the sum'bitch and forget about it. I'm tired of workin on these things. The rear axles are a PITA! That and they're VERY messy.

If you do own a small engine and by some chance need a part for it, don't leave the house until you have a MODEL NUMBER. There are ELEVENTY-BILLION VARIATIONS of a 5 HP Briggs engine and I don't have the mental capacity to know what that little piece in your hand fits.

McCulloch was a great company in it's Hey-day, but it filed for bankruptcy. Fast forward a few years. The name "McCulloch" was purchased by some slant-eyed chinky bastards across the big pond and have proceeded to manufacture horrible products under what was a good name. Stay away from this name.

Murray has filed for bankruptcy. It's Chapter 11, so they're "restructuring" their company. I doubt it will turn out for the best. Meanwhile, Briggs $ Stratton, one of Murray's biggest suppliers, is without a major buyer. Foresight 20-20, it could get ugly.

Weed Eater and Poulan are the same company. Poulan's junk is yellow and Weed Eater's equally produced junk is green. Both are crap and should be avoided entirely. If you think you need a piece of lawn equipment and this fits your budget, pass on the deal. Need more proof? The next time you're in Wal-Mart or Lowe's or wherever the hell they sell this garbage, pick up and inspect one of this company's hedge clippers. If you look carefully, you will find a silver tag on it somewhere that has some company info on it and possibly one of these ALL-IMPORTANT model numbers. Read the fine print! I am almost willing to bet that you will find a section that says, "Durability: 50 hours." If you have even a fourth of a brain, you will interpret this as, "This company manufactures a product that is only supposed to last 50 hours." Now is where you have to make a decision. You can spend the money and buy this piece of equipment and use it. If it lasts the 50 hours or more, GREAT! You have successfully thrown your hard-earned money into a hole, poured gas on it, lit it with a Zippo, then pissed it out before it even got burning good.

If it doesn't last 50 hours, there's a VERY GOOD chance that it's still under warranty. Get it fixed, then continue the 50 hour meter. Expect the same result as the other money-hole-burning-pisser as before.

Take my advice and buy a quality piece of equipment the first time or use common hand tools. You WILL thank me in the end!

Aight, my rant's over for today. Expect to hear from me again.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: The Lawnmower Man....meaning(ful or less - add your suffix) rants from

Yeah! And at MY job, QUIT TELLING ME TO TURN METALLICA DOWN! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DAMN BACKROOM MEETING!

Anyway, thanks for the lawn care advice

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What you think of Scag mowers ?? I really like the 52" Scag [​IMG]

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

Scag mowers are worth their weight in gold. We sell these and I would stand by them any day. But if you're gonna go, go all out and get the 72" Sabre Tooth Scag with the 3 cylinder TURBO DIESEL. IT IS THE BOMBDINGHY!!! Now all you have to do is find the 13 or 14K to buy it.

5. Resurrection_Joe

JESUS! Add a spare set of 10 bolts and you could wheel it!

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Do you work on any large mowers such as a Jacobsen 5111? we had one at the golfcourse ive worked at the past to seasons, and that is the biggest pile of crap to work on...its about 25 years old and the design on the newest model seems to be exactly the same.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I'd be happy with a used 52 inch Scag walk behind. Take about 10 mins too mow the normal size yard, LOL.

8. Resurrection_Joe

I dont think i mowed my laws at all last summer........

Hmmmm

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont think i mowed my laws at all last summer........

Hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ] I mowed mine once, but with hardly no rain, it didn't need cut. Ran the trimmer 2 or 3 times.

10. Resurrection_Joe

I just remebered, some creepy old men mowed my lawn.....

11. BigOrange90Jimmy

Never even heard of it, but yes, we do work on larger equipment. We have two Excel/Hustler mowers from the city we are working on. They are the biggest piles ever. But it's not so much the equipment as it is the operator or maintenance personnel...

I used to work at a golf course, but all we had was Toro equipment. You want to talk about hard to work on, imagine a fully hydraulic mower that is controlled by electronic actuators and all sorts of other random sensors.