Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the left is a joke.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 15, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

when are these guys gonna give up? they are weak on defense... think raising taxes is good for the economy... support the death tax... think iraqis were better off under Saddam etc etc etc etc. Im not sure these guys have an ounce of credibility left... every left wing politician in the country is praying to gawd that the economy will go sour before 2k4 otherwise they have absolutely no hope. Pretty sad when u have to go anti-american just to try and get elected.

any1 else see all those leftists leave the Texas house of reps... they didnt just leave the building, they left the state!!! lol. Think its time for the govenor to declare them AWOL and hold special elections to replace them. lol!!! that would kick ass.

Then we have Nancy Pillow-cee. If she isn't a sacrifical lamb for the demo party I dunno who is. She's cannon fodder after 2k4. Shes tryin to latch onto gephardt right now, as if thats gonna help save her.

atleast Pillow-cee didn't say that Bin Laden is a great guy, like a certain congress critter from my home state of WA said...

oh btw, sept 13th 2004 the 1994 assault weps ban expires unless the congress/pres extend it. Dont think it'll ever make it out of the house of reps... to many repubs there. This will be great, I'll be able to buy 17 round mags for my glock again... and cheap! Sen Fienstien can kiss my hairy ass!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif w00t!!!!

its a great time to be an american.

j

2. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

I agree, liberals are a joke.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    oh btw, sept 13th 2004 the 1994 assault weps ban expires unless the congress/pres extend it. Dont think it'll ever make it out of the house of reps... to many repubs there. This will be great, I'll be able to buy 17 round mags for my glock again... and cheap! Sen Fienstien can kiss my hairy ass!!! w00t!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are trying to railroad us on this..................

Here's my reasoning. First, 2004? That's a long ways away. Two, the majority of your American people who subject their decision making process to the Nightly News or whatever Hollywood Starlet Phuque Chop is saying on TV about what's bad and good.

So now, just like right now they are talking about it on the news. The media is gonna talk about it, get the people talking about and the next thing you know, it's a national outrage. Then Congress (your typical tree hugging hippy Lenin embracing democrat) is gonna make some noise about it and boom, there's a fight in Congress and it gets passed. I think the only thing that's gonna keep them from bringing it to a vote will be how scared they will be from it being an election year.

4. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

what pisses me off is someones always a victim, i will fight
    for you against those terrible rich people, or corporations,
    back when clinton was president i broke my wrist i did not
    have insurance and ended up with 8000.00 dollars in
    medical bills, i tried applying for help but did not qualify
    so i just paid what i could week to week, then the bill
    collectors started harrasing me, threatening me etc, i
    ended up using a credit card to pay off the balance so
    i could get the collectors off me, now im paying hudge
    interest ontop of what i owe, but the way i look at it is
    the rich people and the corporations are the only ones that
    will help me out, if you need the government for services
    you need to be an illegal they get everything for free, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and were paying for it,
    can you believe out of every dollar you send the government
    only 4 cents goes to the military the greatest program we
    have, did you know 2 cents out of every dollar you spend
    goes to trial lawyers, /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif soon to be extinct, /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Yeah, they are a joke. I called my rep's office (Joaquin Castro) pissed off because he is one of those guys in Okie right now! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Doing that goes over the head of the government system. Meanwhile, education spending for my district is being held up because these pricks can't stand losing. I just hope walking out like pussies 'cause your losing the argument doesn't become a trend... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Yeah. Liberal bastids!

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah. Liberal bastids!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. jekbrown

i hear what ur sayin... sept 2004 is a ways off.. and there is lots of political $hit that could happen between now and then... but the repubs have a purdy large majority in the house. Large enuff that some of them (in left leaning districts) can vote for extending the AWB and it could still lose a vote. Thats the kinda majority I like. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

now if the economy can really get going in the next year or so, we'll be well on our way.

j

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I gave up on politics along time ago. The media gets things hyped up in the direction they want, and the weak minded masses vote for whatever the media wants them too.

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

So you choose not to subscribe to ANY political agenda?

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yes and no. I just try not to get wrapped up in it. The media (Newspapers, TV News, ... ect.) push one side of the issue, and alot of people follow blindly to the voting booths. I'd love to see chances, but I don't think they'll ever happen. So I try to stay out of it.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yes and no. I just try not to get wrapped up in it. The media (Newspapers, TV News, ... ect.) push one side of the issue, and alot of people follow blindly to the voting booths. I'd love to see chances, but I don't think they'll ever happen. So I try to stay out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read better spin jobs from the Clinton Administration.

13. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Quote:

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes and no. I just try not to get wrapped up in it. The media (Newspapers, TV News, ... ect.) push one side of the
    issue, and alot of people follow blindly to the voting booths. I'd love to see chances, but I don't think they'll ever
    happen. So I try to stay out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Man - that's JUST the kind of apathy that get's all those liberal-a$$ weenies ELECTED !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif "Oh - let someone else deal with it !!"
    I for one will NOT let someone else deal with it!! You don't have a
    hair on yer a$$ if ya don't vote!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes and no. I just try not to get wrapped up in it. The media (Newspapers, TV News, ... ect.) push one side of the
    issue, and alot of people follow blindly to the voting booths. I'd love to see chances, but I don't think they'll ever
    happen. So I try to stay out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Man - that's JUST the kind of apathy that get's all those liberal-a$$ weenies ELECTED !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif "Oh - let someone else deal with it !!"
    I for one will NOT let someone else deal with it!! You don't have a
    hair on yer a$$ if ya don't vote!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Never said I didn't vote. I just don't get all hyped up about it.

15. jekbrown

personally, I have no problem with people not voting. Peeps here at PSU seem to think that EVERYONE should be voting and I have no idea why. Look at it this way...idiots are the majority in this (and every) country. If EVERYONE voted, we would truly be screwed. Second, what if "person x" just doesn't follow political issues AT ALL. For whatever reason, this person just doesnt care. Why should person x vote? They are ill-informed, and all they are really going to do is cancel out the vote of someone who is interested in / passionate about the real issues. Personally I think people who don't follow the issues... and I mean closely follow... and still vote on them are sorry Americans. I like people who are willing to admit to themselves that they dont care and follow that attitude up by not voting. Thats just my opinion. I never vote in local elections because I dont know jack about the issues tackled by the city council etc etc. For my age, I am pretty well versed in national political issues though, so I follow them and when the time comes I vote.

anyway, just my 2 cents.

j

16. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

You guys are missing my point (maybe I didn't 'splain myself well) - It's everybodies
    DUTY to be informed and it's your RIGHT to have a say in who and how you're
    represented - both locally and nationally. I've been involved in local issues for over
    tens years now - and I think I've made my little corner a better place to live for not
    only me but my neighbors as well. For example - when liberal-a$$ developers come
    to my 'hood - they KNOW they have to face our neighborhood association - and they'll
    develop property the way WE - the ones who already live here - say so. On a broader
    scale, I want my reps in the state house AND in DC to do the same - represent ME -
    since I helped put him/her there in the first place. I just get a little frustrated when
    I hear about people who don't give a damn. I agree that the majority of this country
    is dumber than a rock - and that's what scares me (see Ratch's rant on the education
    system) - we get exactly the representatives we deserve. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike

17. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    You guys are missing my point (maybe I didn't 'splain myself well) - It's everybodies
    DUTY to be informed and it's your RIGHT to have a say in who and how you're
    represented - both locally and nationally.

[/ QUOTE ]

all I am saying is that any given person has a right not to vote... and considering their circumstances they may be right in doing so. Every American should be informed, but lets face it, atleast 75% aren't... and the fewer of those yahoos that vote the better.

j

18. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... and the fewer of those yahoos that vote the better.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

20. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author