Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The life, death, and rebirth of my K5 Build.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pvt. Maggot, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

Been surfing this fourm for a good while, Names Jack. Still haven't been able to become a full member yet, but my birthdays the 26th so I think i'll be able to take care of that hah...Anyway, This thread is going to follow the build of my chevy k5. I got it from my grandma for free :bow: 1985 k5 power everything, tilt, cruise, 700r4, 5.0 305 -shes small but gets the job done for now-, It only has 67k miles, but sadly it lived alot of its life sitting over grass..But it could be worse. As of now the mods are 2 1/2 straight duals with cherry bombs, holly 600 street avenger, holly air filter, chrome valve covers, timing cover*bling* :haha: aluminum intake. 35's "only payed 50 bucks for all 4, not new but hey they were 50 bucks" bedlined floor. Recently I bought another k5 parts truck, full truck, 1983, 4 speed manual, 12 bolt and dana 44 axles, smitty built nerfs and push bar, these really cool guards that go on the doors above the windows, bug guard, visor, 4 inch lift leaf springs all around, 33's on aluminum rims, interior is black, and clean which is what I needed, nice seats, a nicer hardtop with a sweet aluminum spoiler -the rice in the bowtie- and alot of other parts, and I only payed 200 bucks and a quad I only payed 100 bucks for. Selling alot of parts, full blazer tub, frame, and more if anyones looking. Anyway..So I have alot planned for this build, alot of custom stuff, and hopefully i'll end up with a sweet k5 worthy of having a ck5 sticker on it :woot: So thanks to everyone who takes their time to check out my build, and hopefully you'll keep coming back hah..And I wanna say this site, and seeing people building amazing rigs "muddin manny that truck is sickkk" and all the info def makes me want to finish my project and I know if I get stuck I can always come here hah. So enough for now its picture time. I'll update as I progress, I'm hoping to get alot of step by step pics. So enjoy! :saweet:

This is the big ugly sob when I started with her.
    [​IMG]

cleaned up my rims and mounted my 35's
    [​IMG]

I pulled her apart to prime and whatnot, basic body cleanup, ect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished priming, coated the floor inside, finished putting the intake on, new gaskets, valve covers, ect.
    [​IMG]

I'll have more pics asap, next few things in mind to do is put the lift on, sandblast the underbelly and undercoat, start on the custom side panel sub boxes that will be bedlined. So untill then, thanks again for checking out my thread!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lookin' good so far!

3. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Lookin good. :waytogo:

4. franco802

franco802 1/2 ton status

Looking great bro!! I am digging the black rallys!! I still might do this instead of buying black wheels, after all they are free:D

5. RedDevil

RedDevil 1/2 ton status

Nice man, I'm an 85'er here :)

6. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice paint booth! :haha:

Looks a hell of alot better than it did in the first picture! :waytogo:

7. 1979chevystepside

1979chevystepside Registered Member

i say you run it rail buggy style in the front

8. Pvt. Maggot

I'm actually going to switch to the older single headlights, and get a tnt tube grill. Because they are sex. rail buggy, hah...i'm looking for more big scary redneck truck hah

9. 1979chevystepside

1979chevystepside Registered Member

you can have mine then:eek1: its the king of redneck trucks

10. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

As I understand it, the Blazer is on the 35's with no lift in the later pics right? I like how it looks, I showed it to a friend who also has an 85 Blazer and he's thinking about running 35's with no lift.

11. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

[​IMG] "I did not tell you to stop workin' on that K5, Maggot! YOU got work to do! I wanna see it! Now drop and give me 50!" [​IMG]

[​IMG] "1-2-3, [​IMG] , 1-2-3, [​IMG]Chevy for you, Good enough for me!" [​IMG]

[​IMG] "Recover Maggot! Nice work! Keep it up"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] "Thanks for the compliment! If you get stuck call on me! Move it, Move it, Move it!"

MuddinManny

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  12. Pvt. Maggot

Update.

Progress has come to a screeching hault, On Dec 20th, I woke up to my house burning, me and my brother tried to put it out but no luck, managed to get the quad all of our guns and my guitar out before it got too bad, not much got saved, but we all made it out ok, So progress of my blazer is going nowhere, ordered lead spring bushing, and aparently lift springs don't use the same bushings as stock springs, so hopefully I can return them and get my 120 bucks back, Hopefully i'll get some time to work on my truck, no money to get my membership on here. But i'm grateful for what I have, hopefully i'll get back on track soon and have some updates, untill then.

Pvt.

13. franco802

franco802 1/2 ton status

Wow, sorry to hear what happen. Glad you guys are alright.

14. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

thats too bad bro, sorry to hear that

15. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i definately feel your pain there.our house burned completely in Oct.'05.lost 95%of our belongings.only thing that we walked away with was our family(wife,6 kids),my truck and the van,and a rubbermaid tote of family photos.we had to start from scratch,and it wouldn't have been possible without God,family,and friends.things like that aren't easy to go through or recover from.but it is possible.good luck to you and your recovery and on the K5 progression.lookin'forward to seeing the build-up!

16. BlaKK54Speed

hey man i plan on makin my rims look exactly like yours i love the black and chrome look

17. Pvt. Maggot

Thanks everyone,

I was going to go with a new set of rims, but when I cleaned up the stockers and they turned out like that, I fell in love, they look so good in person. Thanks for the replys!

18. Pvt. Maggot

Well, if matters couldn't get worse someone decided to steal my carb and beauty rings off of my blazer from my tech school...so my perfectly running motor is no longer running, looks like crap...they ripped all kinda stuff off, tried to unbolt the whole manifold but didn't get it off, yeah...:(

19. BlaKK54Speed

oh man that really sucks. sorry to hear that. right when things were getting good too

20. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Dude!

This was the first I've seen the post in a long time. I am so sorry to hear all this happening to you! Don't give up! Don't lose hope! Hang in there! It'll all come around! I've been exactly where you are, as I too know what it is like to lose a house and then to lose a rig. Trust me, I know it hurts, but turn your pain into gain, and be an example for others. You're going to get back on your feet and make it. Don't quit and don't despair!

You are in my prayers and if I can come up with some parts for ya, I'll PM you and send them your way!

What size carb are you running?

Manny