Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The LMC experience

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MuleMaster, Oct 10, 2000.

1. MuleMaster

MuleMaster 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to share with you the positive experience I had with LMC. Back in February I ordered some parts for The Mule, among them a new windshield and a brake booster.
    LMC delivered in time; transport costs, taxes and customs were pretty high (bulky parts and overseas shipping), but what should I do.
    In June we were completing The Mule again, and all the LMC goodies were used now. I checked on arrival only if the windshield was broken, but didn’t see that it was without the antenna, whereas I had ordered one with the antenna. I checked that, as I wanted to plug the cable to the connector.
    On the first few miles with The Mule I recognized that the brakes were even worse then before. Having The Mule on the tester proofed it: hitting the brake made the carb leaning down – a torn membrane in the brake booster was most likely.
    I wrote a complaint to LMC with not much hope: I didn’t check the windshield properly on arrival, and there were some four months gone by before I had the chance to test the brake booster.
    But very much to my surprise LMC was very cooperative. Without even mentioning the time passed or my lack of checking the order they reimbursed me for the difference (well, it was even more than the difference) for the windshield. And they not only replaced the brake booster for free without transport costs, they even reimbursed me for the transport costs (remember: overseas shipping) for sending the broken part back.
    That’s what I call customer service!
    Sorry for the book, but after having read some negative comments on different companies, I wanted to add some positive feedback, too.

MuleMaster

<font color=blue>K5 Blazer...because size DOES matter
    http://projectmule.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Great to hear that there's still a few reputable companies around. I will probably be buying from them in the near future; now with a little more peace of mind.

Thanks
    Brian
    89KBlazer

3. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Always been happy with LMC purchases and customer service. Damn good company.

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

4. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a great experience. I am still waiting for my catalogue.

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I have had all all good experiences with them too.

90K5

6. Jimmy1972

Jimmy1972 Registered Member

Ordered parts from them for the first time last month. They get a thumbs up from me too.

7. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Parts always seem to be in stock and shipped fast. Thumbs up from me too!

8. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

hey MuleMaster, how did you contact them and get your questions answered, mail, fax or phone? last i remember they dont have an email address?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

9. MuleMaster

Hi, Knife, what's up in the KSA these days? Don't You have some gallons of premium for me? [​IMG]

All conversation with LMC went by fax. I thought about calling them, but never took the hassle to figure out how many timezones are between them and me and at wich time I should call. Works fine with fax, they're replying quick.

You're right, looks like they don't have entered the cyber age by now. Didn't find an e-mail addy either. Would be great if they had an online shop. Perhaps my company should make them a proposal ...

CU
    MuleMaster

10. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

Your right buddy, unluckyly "customer service" is not a german expression, we call it "Auftragsabwicklung"!!!
    See the difference???

How is the Mule doing?
    I am still waiting to bring my rig to Turkey, my hopes to finalise customs by the end of this year are gone, expect something like march-april 2001.
    How will I survive this time???
    I allready destroyed a FORD Focus and a TOYOTA Corolla off-roads.
    Will try to take some pics from my next trial!!!

Balou
    "Size DOES matter!!!", said the girl last night.
    http://www.balou.coloradok5.com

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, LMC is great! They haven't ever screwed up my order....yet [​IMG]

[​IMG] YEEEE HAWWW!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

12. MuleMaster

Hi, Balou,
    great to have You back online here! You're perfect right, customer service and Auftragsabwicklung may seem to have the same meaning, but they definitely don't match.
    I found a place for The Mule to stay, it's a barn in Upper Austria, only downpoint are the 260km between my home and the barn ... But anyway, soon I'm staying a week there, time for some further enhancements. I finally got my stickers attatched, hehehe:
    [​IMG]
    I wish You all the luck You can get (and You will need every piece, I assume) to get Your rig down to Turkey! Must be a horrible time without her. But in the meantime continue doing the right things: destroying F**Ds and Riceburners offroads (I think after ten destroyed F**Ds You are due to a medal or something).
    CU
    MuleMaster

13. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Where are these guys?

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>