Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The longest night of my life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big dan, Apr 6, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First off I want to give thanks to jackedjimmy350 and his friend. They are both upstanding guys that gave me a great deal of help last night.

I decided to buy a truck from jackedjimmy350 after he tried to sell it several times and ended up selling it for much less than what he paid for it. He even offered to deliver for me but my mom told me I could use her trailer so I decided to just go pick it up myself. The trip there I had no problems at all. Went to my moms house and picked up the trailer and drove up to his place to get the truck.

He had lost the keys and had no way to start it or take it out of gear (which he warned me of before hand) so he said we could load it with the fork lift. I threw him off a little when I pulled up with a trailer that had side rails so we had to figure out a different method of loading it. After several tries he finally decided to pick it up from the back so I could back the trailor under it, then pick it up from the front and scoot it on.

It took a while to get it on and we almost had it then comes another problem. My little trailer was too narrow for the front wheels to fit so we took off one tire and rested the hub on the rail. Went to strap it down and I had grabbed one big strap and one real small one. Being the nice guy that he is, Justin offered to loan me one of his straps to get it home. Strapped it down, shook hands and off I went.

I drove about 5 miles down the road and my trailer started smoking so I pulled over to see what the deal was. Turns out the load was a bit much for the trailer and caused the tires to swell out and rub against the fender, ruined one tire beyond usage and burned some rubber off the other 3. I called him and told him what had happened. He said he had a friend with a trailer that had a winch and he would see if he could use it to help me out. I limped up the road to a place with a big parking lot so we would have room to work with.

A little while later he showed up with his friend to help me out. The problem was that the truck only had three tires.:doah: We ended up jacking up the side with no tire with a floor jack and winching it onto a pallet on the trailor. From there we were able to lift it up and get the tire on and winch it the rest of the way on. Got the truck on the trailer and strapped down.

Justin took his friend home and I got a head start on the way. Drove to Alma and dropped off my mom's trailer and let her know what happened and that I would replace her tires this week. We met up in Clarksville, where I live and pulled the truck off. So in the end he ended up delivering for me after a long drawn out process and wouldnt even accept payment for it.

I feel terrible for putting them through so much trouble and I owe huge thanks to Justin and his friend (sorry Im bad with names but he is a member here also) They both went out of their way using their time and resources to help me get my truck home. They are both upstanding guys and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. Thanks very much.:wink1:

On a happier note after swapping steering columns and carbs and adding a battery the truck is running pretty darn good now.:D

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Great story, and great people, too! :waytogo:

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Justin's a stand up guy. I've dealt with him before! :waytogo:

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That's why I love this site. These guys will give you the shirt off their back.

[​IMG]

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Brotherhood baby!!!

6. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

I only did what I'd want someone to do for me if I was in that situation. I'm just glad I was off Friday and that my girl lives in Ozark - about 20 minutes from where John lives. So, I didnt have to drive all the way back home. :)

My friend that he was referring to is Aaron, a.k.a. 4wheelinyz on CK5. Like John said before, he deserves a big thanks, too!

7. jackedjimmy350

Thanks for the kind words, Mitch. :bow:

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Me, too! Very standupish! Even bought other stuff from him off here and eBay also. Absolutely no complaints about him at all! :bow:

9. jackedjimmy350

Thank you, sir. :waytogo:

10. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah those guys are great. Im not quite sure what I would have done without their help.

This is also my second time dealing with him and would not hesitate to deal with him again.