Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Lounge, an outlet for all of my procrastination.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mr.smartass, Feb 26, 2007.

1. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I have probably the easiest job out of everyone on this forum, and yet the few responsibilities I have, that would actually only take me about 15 minutes to complete, I put off till the very end of the day or maybe even the next day...

I have an online class that I have missed about 75% of the work in, not because I don't have time but merely because I'd rather put it off till later and spend my time here, reading about nothing... and then I miss the due dates.

I should be cruising Craigslist or ebay shopping for deals for parts for my truck, or things I'm going to need on my trip, but I'm not, I'm typing this thread that will accomplish nothing, just waste some time...

Waiting on 5pm now, but what will I do when I get off? Maybe go hang out with the GF or workout, maybe I could go do some studying... No that stuff can wait, I wonder what's going on in the Lounge right now...

Hey everyone's leaving the house and going to the bar, maybe I should get in the shower, get dressed and go with them, nah MTChevy just posted another thread with the letters iiiiiiiccccceeee in title, I wonder what this one is about... Oh nonsense again, I can't believe he made another one...

Nothing ever changes here, it's just a cycle of the same stuff over and over again, just like the garage, but for some reason I can not turn away, and because of this I'm trapped here...

Oh crap, the boss just saw me not doing anything back to shuffling papers around... he'll be gone in a few seconds and I'll be back!

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Man what a loser:laugh: .....get a life will ya:p: ....somebody's gonna find you dead behind the keyboard someday:haha: :haha:

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You sit in front of a computer at work. So what kind of work do you do?

4. 76zimmer

I can't imagine how the Supervisor at my work would respond to me sitting here all day.

5. mr.smartass

Sorry blacked out for a moment... Only one hour of sleep last night :haha:. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm basically a secretary... a 6'2" 250lb secretary with facial hair. I work for a fence company, making up invoices, cleaning, filing... pays good and they work around the school schedule. They are to easy on me, I've only actually gone out and built fences like 3 times, and I just told my boss I might want a month off this summer for my Canada road trip and he just says "yeah whatever man." Real cool guy from L.A. originally. Now if I can only work out the funds part...

P.S. Thanks for contributing to, and participating in, my procrastination :D .

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You're about my size :D !

7. 76zimmer

Its a good gig, when you can get away with being a slacker.....:haha: :haha:

8. mr.smartass

Yeah no complaints here, just a little bored now and then, and instead of doing what I'm supposed to I just browse the interweb :haha:. Mostly CK5. But man some times during the day when everyone is at work, it is hella slow around here.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

well you have plenty of experience for a city of detroit job.you just need three family members to stay home and be on your payroll as assistants.

10. 76zimmer

:haha: :haha: :haha:

11. boggerless

you know it's true Zim.a counselman just got sent up the river for that.

12. 76zimmer

Daryl, for some understandably obscene reason I really do believe it.
    Your gov't at work for ya.:rolleyes:

13. boggerless

i can't think of his name.but he had the chick he had a kid with on payroll(she worked full time at a hospital) and another girl going to college in NY.both:eek1: of them were making 40 plus a year.the FBI was involved.i still cant remember his name:mad:

14. mr.smartass

I'm moving to detroit... and better yet I'll just make up a person...

Now for my daily procrastination blog:
    Well we had a swap with a sorority last night and I got wasted, so today I've pretty much felt like hammered sh!t. So on my extended lunch break instead of going to class I went back to my room and passed out... woke up late and got back to work late. The one invoice that was sitting in front of me this morning at 7am is still staring at me now at 3:15pm...

I'm starting to see a pattern, the only things I can make myself do are things I'm excited about. I don't have a problem with work, it's just the work I'm doing... what's the line about having a job you love and you'll never work a day? Yeah I should have just gone to mechanic school or something... I'm only a couple of semesters away from graduating with a degree in Business Administration, but these classes are terrible, I went business to escape the math I would see in engineering or programing but now I'm stuck with classes like finance, accounting, statistics, and management. With the amount of math and formulas I'm doing in these classes I should have just gone mechanical engineering, atleast I'd be interested in the stuff...

So far the only things exciting in my life to me are, my vehicles, my gf occasionally, the parties and my trip I'm planning, I've probably put more thought into it then anything else in recent years...

That's it for today boys and girls.

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Are you at work Mr. dumbass, ah, I mean Mr. smartass :D ?!!

16. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

i was reading this and actually thought he wrote this today. :doah: seems things haven't changed much inthat length of time :haha:

17. mr.smartass

Yep, everyday! If you don't see me posting between 7am and 5pm central time, then that means they stuck my big ass on a crew for the day, and I'm cursing some where.:D

18. mr.smartass

Except for the weekends, those belong to me, so if anyone wants to come visit feel free too, I have a comfy couch with a CK5 members name on it!

19. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Do you have a direct line at work?

20. mr.smartass

Maybe... wouldn't you like to know? :haha:

I just got a call from Mike Piazza!!!! NO SH!T!! Of course this guy works for a company called fence builders... but still... I thought it was cool.:haha: