Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The luv has a what!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Feb 14, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well i was reading up on installing a locker in my rearend for the luv, and guess what. That little 10 bolt isuzu axle is a third member style axle! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Yup thats right everything comes out the front and theres a bearing in the back. Wow that luv never stops amazing me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Didn't know this myself and thats kind of cool but umm you never looked under there?

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well it just never clicked whith me that there wasnt a bolt on diff cover. I just never realy thought about it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

LOL! i had a 79 LUV in highschool. could not get out of its own way. i beat the living crap out of it and it kept on going. the distrubutor would drown out every time i drove it in the rain and the gas line would freeze on cold mornings on the way to school.

a cool swap i've seen on those are buick V6s. a 225 or 238 would kick ass. might have to go auto though or find an old jeep 4 speed and dana 18 t case. i had a 225 in my old 66 cj5 and that thing was nice and torkey. had an Offy mannie and 4 barel edelbrock. nice motor.

anyway, just wanted to share my LUV experience. Keep it going- dare to be different. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

nah whith the mods i have done to mine it runs pefectly and will spin the tires perty good(the stock 25", but it will bark the 27.5" on it now perty good). Nah wht im planning on doing is putting a 327 in it whith jeep dana 60 axles front and back and running an sm465 tranny whith an adapter to a jeep t-case, then it will get a 3" body lift and some 30" mud terains. It will be a long project but i should have it done in a couple of years once i get my ford running.

6. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I had one when they first started importing them. The 4 cyl 5spd and a T20 and jeep front axle. Chevy didn't offer a 4x4 luv then. Mine was converted by diverifed in So Cal. 12x15 desert dogs on 15x10. This was before the toy and datsun 4x4 too.

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Yeah the luv was the first mini truck to get 4x4 (1978) and was actually voted the 4wheeler of the year for 78 and 79(by primedia)

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

if 30s are all you are going to run stick with d44s man ! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif