Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The man vs nature guy...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Dec 27, 2006.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Has to go , thats the dumbest show I've ever seen, that clown is gonna get somebody killed, making them think they can be dropped off in the midde of nowhere and eat elephant poop, make snow shoes and jump into freezing cold rivers to float to safety...:rolleyes:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Wait, you're upset stupid people may die?

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya what the hell?

on a serious note, some of the stuff he says is good, like going down hill, and finding a river, water= humans, stuff like that. Basic survival. On the other hand common sense must prevail, and , well, i wouldn't count on it.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I think Les Straub does a better job of showing basic survival skills I think that is his name that crazy Canuckistanian that lives in the wilderness for 7 days and videos the whole thing by himself. Bear Gryls is just crazy he also did the old school French Foreign Legion thing in the deserts of Africa as an intervention for some other guys. I agree that I think someone will see him and think they can do the same thing and will end up getting themselves and someone else dead:( .

Ira

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah what Ira said.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If anyone is stupid to intentionally put themselves in one of those situations, they need to go anyway. If you end up in one of those situations, I can't see anyone saying "look for elephant poop, Bear did it". They will likely end up no worse, or better, for having watched it.

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I saw the episode where he jumped into the river. I couldn't believe he recommended doing that.:crazy: I do admire his willingness to suffer.

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Survivorman was a good show, that overcooked squirrel looked tasty. :D

9. cbbr

Did you see Bear eat live snakes?

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yes, and that wasn't so bad. But when he caught the trout out of the frozen lake and chowed down on it right there. WTF? He couldn't get off the lake, start a fire and enjoy the damn thing?

The squeezing water from elephant crap and pissing on his own do-rag just didn't do it for me. I liked Survivorman a little better, he had a little more realistic ideas and timelines (I'm gonna need to be thirsty for a loooong time to drink elephantshiatwater).

11. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

eating bugs rule

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I like that show,BUT...

I agree the show "Man VS wild" or whatever its called IS a bit over the top--I liked "Survivorman" better,at least he didn't go doing foolish things and make veiwers think they could do it and survive!--like the last show,where he crawls UNDER a glacier!!--I'd rather die of exposure,than be crushed under a glacier,or end up lost in some icy cave,and a snack for a polar bear!..climbing down a running waterfall is a good survival technique??..I think NOT!..floating down an icy river??..yeah,I' survive that all right..:surepal: --first think they teach you about survival in cub scouts is to stay DRY and WARM!--jumping in an icy river is STUPID,in my opinion!..

I keep in mind while watching both of these shows,its all staged,both have a full camera crew in tow,and you KNOW they must have GPS ,food,and probably BEER hidden away!:wink1: --and a rescue helicopter waiting if needed..:rolleyes: --they might give a few good survival tips about what to eat or avoid,and how to make shelters,etc--but I think both shows are a bit far-fetched..I'd like to see them do one about surviving a night in East LA,or the Bronx!..THAT might be informative,and something I could actually use if I find myself alone in the "hood"..:crazy:

13. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Les "Survivorman" does his own filming and list the only things he has with him before he starts. Bear Gryls is the Man Vs. Wild guy and he has his own camera crew with him. Survivorman is no-**** and comes up with somem pretty Mcguiver **** too.

Ira

14. cbbr

I watch both for the entertainment value, but the truth is that I am never out alone in places where I would need to eat a snake or find elephant crap at all. And I don't go into the woods with any less than a large bore handgun, a gps, a compass/map and a cell phone.

15. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The thing that got me aboot the Man Vs. Nature guy is he walks up on a zebra carcas that has been there who knows how long and starts nawing on it and acting like a wild animal:rolleyes:. But both shows are entertaining in their own way.

Ira

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I forgot about that one. With Lions and Hyenas in the area no less. Like I said, cut off a friggin chunk and go make a fire, you're not gonna starve in the 20 minutes it takes you to do that.

I'm like cbbr, I'm never without a whole bunch of survival crap.

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: my thoughts exactly...

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

None the less all that poop juice and maggot fellatio has went to his head...

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

ya know Rob. i used to jump bigass ramps on my bicycle to be like Evil Kenevil..**** i just got beer nuts!!!ok , wtf. oh yeah i did **** also.but if Bob Hannah ate poop to be the fastest on the track. i would come in last.:haha: off to the washer