Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The meaning of Life or (Life Span)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kennyw, Apr 15, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give back the other ten."

So God agreed (sigh).

On the second day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh. I'll give you a twenty year life span."

Monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. Dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do.

On the third day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to
    support the farmer. I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's a kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty years and I'll give back the other forty."

And God agreed.

On the fourth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy, enjoy. I'll give you twenty years."

Man said, "What? Only twenty years? No way, man. Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty cow gave back, and the ten dog gave back and the ten monkey gave back. That makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God. "You've got a deal."

So that is why for the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy, and do nothing; for the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family; for the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain our grandchildren; and for the last ten years we sit in front of the house and bark at everybody.

Life has now been explained

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Thats great

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hahaha good one, but hey seriously though i think about this alot anymore for real, the real purpose of life, its pretty basic and im kinda sad about it really, its just to ensure that more life gets created to go on into the future, and thats pretty much it

i think its pretty sad IMHO.

hmm

crazy hmm.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hahaha good one, but hey seriously though i think about this alot anymore for real, the real purpose of life, its pretty basic and im kinda sad about it really, its just to ensure that more life gets created to go on into the future, and thats pretty much it

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. The meaning of life, for humans, is whatever we want the meaning to be. My meaning is a quest. A quest to have fun, and enjoy the one chance I get here, without harming anyone. A quest to build strong freindships, and even stronger trucks. ;-)
    Everyone seems to be forever in search of the meaning of life, when all they really need to do is give their life a meaning. That's what it is all about to me.