Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The nerve of some people...Who can fix this bullet hole...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ben, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

What is wrong with some people?!?!? The nerve of some people?!?! Shooting at a Suburban! Man, that takes some big kahuna's! (Ohio's freeway shooter)
    Looking at the picture on CNN's WEB page, a bullet went through a 1988 Chevrolet Suburban and lodged in its battery. What I can't figure out is what part of the truck the smaller picture is showing. The bullet hole looks like it went through fiberglass.
    Burbs are made of fiberglass?

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/Midwest/02/14/ohio.shootings/story.truck.wsyx.jpg

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

looks like bad paint to me

3. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

look right behind the headlight along the pin stripe. You can see the hole in the big picture too. Bullet must of been tumbling when it hit or hit at an angle to cause that size of a hole, and to tear the metal. The nerve of some folk

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well 1st off the stripes are decals, thats why those look kinda weird right next to the hole, the edge part of it, and i don't see where you think it's fiberglass?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm seeing a stretched hole in metal... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Nah, it's not fiberglass. The bullet just stripped away the paint and left the steel exposed...

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Oh and yes, remember the paint in those few years was bad, mine is flaking off, and if you hit it hard enough, it will chip and flake like it did when the bullet hit it.

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

What pisses me off is that the overpass he was shooting from is only a few miles from where I live, 1/2 mile from where I used to work and a friend has a shop right on the freeway on the other side of the overpass. I talked to my old boss and buddy with the shop, and the guy with the shop heard the shots but by the time he came out the car was gone and he saw the burb and others down the road stopped. He's not prone to violence but he said he wished he had seen the guys car cause he woulda shot at it if he had gone north instead of south off the overpass.

If it had been me I would have run through the fence on the side of the rode jumped up onto Mink road and run the [darn] down with my Burb, heck I'd have done it with my van.
    This guys getting bold, and if I see him he better be wearing body armour cause I'm taking him out. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The hole looks weird casue the shot was from above and to the side, plus they're moving at 65 when they get hit.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

that is how primer peels off of metal when you puncture or slash it, trust me ive detroyed alot of vehicle by hand with a large variety of instruments out here, axe, bat, sledge, bar, all kinds, thats how primer unattaches itself to metal, primer doesnt stick as well as you would think, at least not factory primer anyways, how do you think vehicles rust out so horribly?

just liek what skratch said, the combination was just right for the bullet to pass through the fender like it did, the bullet came from behind the burban at an angle from away from the burban you can tell by how the metal is teardropped, the metal in front of the bullet folded and stretch until it finally gave way and ripped and let the bullet (after most likely changing path to a sharp left thanks to having to penetrate in the manner that it did) pass through the fender, it slowed the bullet up probably quite a bit- but not enough to prevent it from pentrating and going into the plastic casing of the vehicle's battery

hope they catch the shooter soon