Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The nerve of some people

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Mar 6, 2007.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

As some of you know, my wife Lisa owns her own car wash and detail shop.

It's located in the indoor parking garage of an office park, where she takes care of the cars for the tenants and building management.

Today, I get this frantic call, that she caught somebody in her washbay, washing his own minivan..

as it turns out, it was a guy who's known the both of us for a long time, and he just waited until he thought she was gone to do his own thing.. Lisa's equipment was put away, ( and locked up ) so he was using his own bucket with sponge and dishsoap ( dumbass ) and no hose...

Lisa came out of her office and politely explained to him that what he was doing was essentially stealing, because SHE was the car wash person..

he got a bit mouthy, and they were yelling at each other, so lisa goes and gets the big cheese property manager, who, along with his staff, is a steady customer ( and friend ) of said carwash..

So, the property manager explains to this guy that even though he's using his own equipment, the wash bay isn't communal property, other tenants don't need to see tenants wash their own cars for free,and it's downright wrong for him to help himself to a service by which my wife makes money for us to buy f**ckin' food.. ( profanity added by me )

So, they worked out a comprimise that this guy would finish his minivan, and be on his way..

all of this happened before I got there..

I show up, and lisa has me walk back to where her bay was because she was suspicious he was going to wash another car belonging to a coworker of his, and a supposed friend of my wife.... and don't you know, that's exactly what I caught him doing?

I walked over to him, and said, "hey melvin, is this the two for one special?" he says "huh?" I said, " Is this the two for one special.... MELVIN?!.. he just stared at the ground... now, sadly, we're not allowed to choke the tenants, so we went back upastairs to the property managers, and let him know what was up..

they were livid, and promised to land on him.. on our way back down, we stopped at the office of these clowns, and lisa asked the girl who got free wash number two, " so, you didn't want me to wash your car today?"...girl turns beet red, and claims, " well I don't have any money, so melvin was being nice to me".. I said, you could've said something, she would've taken care of it.. ( our being nice to people as far as easy payment, etc. is legendary, so she knew better)..

Lisa said, "we'll his being nice to you is stealing from me".. clueless girl started yelling that lisa didn't own the water, and had nothing at all to say, blah blah blah.. so I said " fine, you guys are done then.. when someone from this company calls for a wash, we'll just inform them of what you did, and that because of you, they are on their own"..she started talking again, but I was already walking away..

My wife is planning on informing their supervisor that melvin was on the clock washing vehicles, and asking if they were ok with that...

( some ) people suck..what I can't believe is that this POS waited until he thought the coast was clear, so he wouldn't have to part with 20 bucks.. and their attitude is, they feel entitled to do whatever they want " because it's just a car wash".. :mad::mad: and to top it off, he was scolded by management, and then proceeded to wash a second car not 15 minutes later..

I think what hurt lisa the most wasn't losing the 35 bucks ( 20 for the van, 15 for the car ), it was that she thought these people were friends.. it's not like we don't buy stuff for their kids fund raising efforts, or give them gift certificates for their charity raffles.. un frick in believable..

Tom

2. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

what an @ss... some people just don't think about who their actions affect. owell,
    fk em

3. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

I can only imagine how angry you were:mad: , my just reading your post angered the hell out of me. Some people are just @ssholes!:angry1: :angry1:

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

it'da been a shame for him to back over a box of nails someone spilled in the wash bay...

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Is it possible to have the property manager post a warning sign? That way if someone is caught there's no excuse, if the PM was willing to pursue it.

Sometimes having it posted makes a difference although I have chased my fair share of trespassers off posted irrigation fields before.

Is "Melvin" a business owner or employee? Just wondering how far the PM is willing to push this guy because I wouldn't be surprised if this guy comes back again just to prove he can. It sounds like a power issue to me and the guy has no respect for boundaries.

Or maybe he'll lay off of it, what's your take based on what you know about him?

6. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

What an ass.

Is there any way you could block off the bay? Even just a chain with a lock across the entrance or a lock on the water valve??

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

First off, thanks for the replies everyone...

to your question Jiminy, melvin is low level flunky gofer type employee of one of the companies renting office space.. as a company they're not even that big of a tenant, in the grand scheme of things there..

From what I heard over the phone, he's a belligerent little s**t with a hearing problem and entitlement mentality.. he was just convinced it's his god given right to do what he did... you read my mind, as I'm expecing him to do it again just because he was told not to..

I will ask about posting a sign.. good idea.

Tom

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

not feasible to do that, as the bay is really a faucet sticking out from one wall of this huge garage..

do they make locks for water valves? THAT would be the ticket..

Tom

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The worst kind.

If you have good relations with his employer perhaps you could bend his ear a bit. Melvin's personality problems may have him near to getting the boot anyway. At least you could speak your piece and get it out in the open. His boss should put an immediate stop to it.

At a minimum Tom make sure to secure Lisa's equipment because these types tend to seek revenge for any perceived slight. Not that he will but just throwing it out there for you to consider. Of course if he fears you that may be enough to keep him from pushing it any further.

10. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

We aren't tight with his bosses, and that's why we brought building management into this... we don't expect much help from his superiors, although we'll try..

Oh absolutely.. as a matter of fact, when I walked past him washing car number two, I went into lisa's office to make sure he hadn't been in it, then I made sure the door was locked tight.. they only people who can get into that room are the maintenance guys, and they leave us and our stuff alone.. also we bribe them with stuff like bakery and cakes that lisa makes so they have our back.. we also help keep the place clean, which they also like..

it would be too bad for him if he had gotten into our cleaning chemicals.. they aren't labelled at all, so there's a 50 / 50 chance he'll pick up the acid wheel cleaner, and not the bug remover he wants..not that I intentionally set traps for jackasses like him, oh noooo..

Anyway, I did just order a faucet lock..

as for him fearing me, he sure got quiet when it was just he and I, but that doesn't always mean anything..

Who knows what would happen if we didn't have to worry about what management would say.. all I know is, I was mad enough to chew his f**king eyeballs..

11. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I swear I have seen a lockable box that fits over them before. I'm sure you could make one though.....

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

well, thanks to your post, I bought one like this:

[​IMG]

13. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

14. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I need to read everything before I respond:o

15. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

heehee.. Lisa says she appreciates the suggestion, as do I..

16. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have a new truck with lift and tires. where does this a$$ hat live? :rolleyes:

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I like Tom when he's pissed off and violent:D

18. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

It always hurts when people you consider friends f with you.

I used to wash cars for Enterprise-Rent-A-Car at the local airport as a side job. We got pretty friendly with the guys from Hertz. You know, the brotherhood of "I wash cars for $7.50 an hour to pay for gas" gang.:laugh:
    Anyways, one of the asshats apparently was stealing car wash soap from us and the other companies so that his employers wouldn't notice their level dropping.
    The stupid part is, after they fired him when my boss complained, they'd have let him use their soap for free if he'd have just ASKED...:rolleyes:

Then there's the former coworker who I was pretty buddy buddy with and loaned a good set of 31" muds to when he was out of luck and needed tires to get his DD Jeep moving. He was bucking for a promotion at work and wasn't making squat for money until he got that promotion. I knew the feeling so I didn't really push for the money too hard...
    ...which was probably my mistake...

When he got promoted nearly a year after I loaned him the tires he moved to another part of the state with promises to pay me off at my wedding 2 months later. Over a year and a half later I still don't have the money or tires and haven't heard from him since. Asshat...

I've driven across the state on my own dime and gone out of my way to help my good friends. I'm getting to the point now where the only people I will really help or even consider good friends are the guys I went to HS with or was in the Marines with. The sad part is the closest one of those is 3 hours away. I just haven't had good luck with the people I've met since then.