Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the nerve!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by solowookie, Jan 1, 2003.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

ok - some of you may remember when I came on here, and was having problems with the rearend in my blazer about a month ago???

well - I've had it scheduled for a long time to get it in with this guy locally that's suppose to be pretty good.

he told me to call him early this week, and he'd get it in late in the week. now - I've got 2 vehicles. a blazer with a 4" lift running 35's, and this one which is my family vehicle. needless to say that with the road conditions this time in wyoming at 7,000 feet I've really been missing my blazer with the narrower tires.

I haven't been able to call him so I left a message with his wife this morning. he calls my wife while I was at the gym & told her he wasn't making any money so they were disovling their business.

I call him back pretty mad. I didn't yell at him, but he could tell I was fairly fuming. I explained my situation, and he agreed to do it. I'm sure it was due to the fact of how irritated I was, and that I told him I'd missed my christmas & new years travel plans cuz I was waiting on him to do it. (which is true)

being a business owner I can understand not taking on any new business, but you should follow up & finish out the work you have committed to. that's a bunch or garbage! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Let's jsut hope he does not "short cut" it and does it right, especially now that he knows you are pi55ed. You can bet a warrantee is out of the question.

John

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah really, it might be worth it to look around. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I don't think I would let him do it now. Sounds like a handful of sawdust in the pumpkin scenario... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. solowookie

yea - well believe me if I had options I would of called him up & been really rude, and told him what a piece of sh*t I thought he was for doing that in the first place.

I'll drop that pumpkin cover as soon as I get it back, and make sure he hasn't added any crap in there, but it would probably be too late if he did.

I've been fighting the vibrations etc. for a little over a year now, and just when I think I've got the last problem fixed by the end of the week this crap comes up. I guess with my record on this vehicle I should of expected it.

still he's doing this for half the price of anybody else. if this doesn't work out I may get the tools & learn to do this myself as there really won't be anybody in 75 miles I can get to work with. if I thought I could limp this thing 75 miles & not damage the parts I'd do it.

6. Sandman

Ouch. Good luck with it.

7. solowookie

yea - I gotta feeling I'm going to need it. he's suppose to work on it this weekend so I guess we'll find out.

this is a pretty small community so people are usually pretty decent. I've heard lots of good things about this guy, but I guess we'll find out.

8. Sandman

I guess if you've heard good things, you'll be fine. He wouldnt want to smear his name I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. solowookie

that's my story & I'm sticking to it for now... LOL (actually that's more my hope)

captcrunch has a 10B axle with 4.10's, and he said he'd give me any of the parts for free so that will help if it comes to that.

10. solowookie

well - I did happen to find another guy in town that does this stuff so I'm not even going to call this jerk that bombed out on me. I'll have to wait 1 more week, but I've been waiting on this d@mn thing for a year & a half so what's another week???

I'd rather give it to somebody who didn't try to screw me in the first place... (i.e. he thinks max cost will be $120 which is still $80 cheaper then this other guy) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif