Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The never ending brake bleed, bad M/C?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifWell after continual tries of gravity bleeding, 2-man bleeding and knuckle bleeding /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. My brakes are still screwed up, My /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif had sat with no brakelines on it,thanks to PO, before I bought it. I installed my new Procomp lines and let the bleeding begin, I have been through 2 big bottles of brake fluid, you can pump them about four times and they have great pressure, but when you let the pedal back to the top the next time you push it, to the floor it goes.

SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............
    do I need to continue bleeding or does it sound like the master cylinder is shot?

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I had my scout do the same thing. I thought I was doing something wrong some how but it did turn out to be the Master. After that was changed it worked fine.
    I'd change it out.

3. Suburbanite

Suburbanite Registered Member

Went thru the same routine with my nephew's '93 K1500 Z71 Sportside a couple of months ago. Replaced the MC & still no better. Turns out the rear drums/etc were completely shot! Old age in combination with my nephew's 'muddin' did them in. Once the rear was redone, braking was fine. So .. 1st check the rear braking system.

4. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I had a never ending brake bleed on my truck once. I never lost pressure on the first push on the peddal though. I couldnt get one wheel cylinder to quit sperting out air as I blead it. It was sucking air in when I let off the peddal. New wheel cylinder and it was fixed. So, is all the air out of the system? Are your wheel cylinders leaking? Are your calipers leaking?