Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The new addition to the corral...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fabjunkie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Well the Z was giving me problems and was about to go to the shop for the fourth time in a month and a half for the same problem. The wife was getting tired of it and said I HAD to get something new. :D Here's a little peek.

[​IMG]

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

say its a 2500???:D

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately not. If I towed a lot, hell if at all, I would have definatly gone with the 2500.

1500 2LT, 5.3, tow package, etc, etc. Everything I wanted but XM. 9 hours :rolleyes: and 2 dealerships later, I left with this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my favorite features.
    [​IMG]

I had fun playing with and figuring out all the buttons today. :D This thing drives like a dream. It's a little rougher with the 20's, but IMO, they fill the wheelwells sooo much better than the 17's. I didn't really like these when they first came out, but it grew on me, even moreso now. Man, I really need to raise the front or drop the rear to even it out. :eek1:

4. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

That's super nice. What kind of power do they make now? I saw on TV the other night and they said they were the only company with a gas motor truck making over 300 hp and getting over 20 mpg.

5. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

It's at 315hp/338tq. I drove both the 3.42 and the 3.73 geared. Much to my surprise, the 3.42 felt peppier. That's what I ended up with. I probably would've gone the 3.73 route, but they didn't have one with the rest of the package I was looking for. Either way, it's no slouch.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the new trucks have really been growing on me and my Dad. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets one soon. And I vote for dropping the rear vs lifting the truck. 2wds are meant to sit low. Will really fill that rear wheelwell nicely if you drop it an inch or two.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

time for a D60 swap and removal of that snow plo...eerrrr... bumper! :grin: :thumb:

nice truck.

j

8. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. Anyone know of any CK5 type forums other than fullsizechevy :rolleyes:?