Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

the new guy (me)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77Blazer, Aug 13, 2001.

1. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well i just wanted to say hi and cant wait to learn some new tricks. i have had my blazer/daily driver for 2 years now and i am lovin it and like everyone else my baby is a never ending project. So hello from Long Beach CA!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://stingray60.homestead.com/files/truck1.gif>http://stingray60.homestead.com/files/truck1.gif</a>

350, sm465, NP205, 14 Bolt w/Detroit locker(465 ratio), Savin for the front Dana 60, 38.5 swampers

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard!!

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Another californian... Welcome!!!!!

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Welcome to the best site on the net.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

WELCOME[​IMG]!!!! Get ready to spend all of your spare time here! You will learm MANY new things and get tons of info on just about anything you might have questions about. This is a great bunch of guys/gals and everyone is always ready to give a helping hand. BTW nice Blazer! What lift are you runnin'??

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard. Hope you have lotsa time on your hands because youre NEVER GOING TO LEAVE!!?!?!?!?!?![​IMG]MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. right on! nice rig! fill out your bio some more and give us some specs on that burly beast.

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

8. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard. This site is full of all kinds of info.

9. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

well ok more info eh... I am running a 4inch super lift springs all the way around. I have done tones of fender trimming to stuff the 38.5 by 14.5 super swampers sx's in without rubbing. My engine mods include a holley intake &amp; carb hedman heddars w/ wrap dual flowmasters. My interior is bedlinered EVERYTHING even the dash and doors, plastic race seats so i can just take a hose and spray it out, i rigged up all my lights switches on the inside of my dash (so no punks can flip my lights on) My rear is a 14bolt FF detroit locked and i just picked up a brand new dana 60 (right now i have a crappy ten bolt up front.) and i wont put it in yet cause im savin for....
    4in shackle flip in rear
    8in springs up front
    ^^^maybe i might just do some radical fender trimming instead of more lift.
    44in boggers
    full cage

note: when i first got into this my truck sat on a crappy four inch lift (blocks) front &amp; rear ten bolts. I slapped on my 38.5's took it to a local mud pit and lost my rear drive shaft in the mud (LOST IT prolly still buried too) and the front one was blown too. well i learned that this is a very expensive hobby especially in college if only i woulda found a 87' k-30 first... :)

350, sm465, NP205, 14 Bolt w/Detroit locker(465 ratio), Savin for the front Dana 60, 38.5 swampers
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 77Blazer on 08/13/01 02:19 PM.</FONT></P>

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of doing the same thing you are talking about. Just got my 8" fronts and 4"rear springs and 4" shackle flip. Rebuilding a D60 I picked up and once that is done, rebuild my 14 bolt and then put it all under the Blazer[​IMG]

11. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

tell me how it rides when you get it finished!

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay and learn as much as the rest of us!!!!! [​IMG]

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

13. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

It'll be a while yet, but I'll give you a report!