Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The New Project Has ARRIVED!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Swanson52, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Here are a few pics of the new rig. I am thinking some twenny-fo's, chrome.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The seductive rear-to-front shot
    [​IMG]

Little bit of the front/side
    [​IMG]

The 'cabin', as it were
    [​IMG]

That's right...factory 4.3. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

The truck is stock as a rock, right down to the 235/75R15 Goodyears! 4.3, 4 speed, no power anything, and unmodified (besides the sweet cab lights /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). No rust, that's the important thing.

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Only 24's /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Need more Bling than that! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sweet looking unit (Other than the cab lights IMO)

/forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The cab lights will be the first thing to go. Followed shortly by the 4.3. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I guess I forgot the best part. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I traded a rusted out, trashed 1/2t burb (no engine, trans or tcase) and a set of Energy Suspension Poly trans mounts for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

yr? I didnt know the late model yr fullsizes were even avalible with the 4.3

6. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

1985. I wasn't aware of that fact either. Interesting, for sure.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Save that 4.3 . It'd be great for a DD mid 80's El Camino if I can ever find one with a good body and no motor. Well, unless you have other plans for it.

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

woo hoo ditch the bed biuld a flatbed, cut the fenders out, throw some 38s on it with like 4" of lift, and definetly keep the clearance lights on top. good lookin truck man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey Tim thats a clean rig Ya got. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif As far as the engine goes there are three options.
    1) Keep it for the gas milage. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    2) Sell it to some Jeep guy for some extra $$$$$$
    3) Check the S-10 Forum to see if any of those guys are looking for a 4.3 /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Nice truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifThose SWB stepsides are getting harder and harder to find. Don't see very many of them anymore, especially in that good of condition, unmolested like that aswell. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

why? the cab lights are awesome..they should be on all trucks..im puttin them on mine thats for sure!! big rig style!!

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The marker lights were the first to go. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Took them off today, along with 8 thousand miles of extraneous wiring from under the dash. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

So, what are your plans? Are you putting a lift on and installing some drivetrain beef? Or, are you gonna leave this one "stock" - ( /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I didn't know that was a word in my vocabulary /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Project 'daily driver'. Small lift, some 33's or 35's /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifhalf ton drivetrain /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif, fuel injection. Light duty wheeler. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I want to build something reliable to drive on a daily basis, and build something else on the side to 'wheel.

15. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

That's probably what I'd do if I had the vehicle for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Give it a nice stance/look without going all out. (Why split your money buying major mods for two trucks, when it can practically all go into one? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Project 'daily driver'. Small lift, some 33's or 35's /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifhalf ton drivetrain /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif, fuel injection. Light duty wheeler. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I want to build something reliable to drive on a daily basis, and build something else on the side to 'wheel.

[/ QUOTE ] When I finally get around to doing my axle swap, you can have my old 12 bolt / Dana 44 combo with 308 gears for free if you want them. You could drive on whats under it and set these up anyway you want them. Just an offer if you want them.

17. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

nice looking truck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I still need a full sized chevy /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I appreciate the offer, Paul! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have already hooked up with a 44/12 geared at 4.11, though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

19. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I like the rig! Looks smooth and I never knew 85 offered a 4.3 much less buying one with all original dust! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

That's high performance dust!!!! You should see the carpet. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif