Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Official Valentine's Day Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The Official Valentine\'s Day Sucks Thread

I, Bubba Ray Boudreaux, as unelected President of the ColoradoK5.com chapter of the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Motherhood hereby declare February the 14th a day of national mourning for heterosexual (do homos celebrate it too?) men everywhere in the free world.

Due to a grievous act of monstrous proportions; men everywhere have been subjected to the misguided direction of the some overdosed on estrogen females who conspired to make our lives a living hell.

Through the acts of candy, cards, flowers and candlelit dinners, we are subjected to humiliation if we fail to provide these tokens of a veiled love when true love comes from the heart. We show that love through the actions and words such as "Honey, dinner is great" "Honey, thank you for doing my laundry" and "Honey, I'll change the dirty diaper next time." It is a challenge to us men to show you that these words are truly from the heart and that when we are under the 4x4 changing oils and tightening bolts late at night on this fine day preparing to break our junk that weekend, we are actually thinking of all the ways that we love you and no flowers that will die or food that will be farted will replace our feelings in our hearts.

So with that, I, Bubba Ray Boudreaux hereby declare that Valentine's Day does in fact, suck dirty Walrus butt! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Re: The Official Valentine\'s Day Sucks Thread

r u mad cuz your no getting any that day???If you are i feel for you brotha and will drink a beer for you that day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    r u mad cuz your no getting any that day??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I'm pissed because it's an overcommercialized day with the intent of sucking us common man dry and putting money into the pocket of the MAN. And it all sucks cause it's a day that if us men screw up and don't give what the female of the species think they deserve, then we're fawked!

By the way, I pretty much feel the same way about Christmas. It's all fine and dandy to give something here and there, but I think the original intent is to give more from the heart and if that is something such as giving money to a group to help the downtrodden, then I'm all for it. The spirit has just been totally trashed by a bunch of greedy SOB's.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What you need to do is suck it up and take it like a man damnit. Take the little lady out to a good steak house (with beer on tap). /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Buy her some candy. You know the kind that both you and her would like so you can share. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh yeah and don't forget the flowers. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Im with you there.I will be one of the fools who goes and spends money on his woman though.Ill probrably take the wife to be to a restraunt or something.Just gives me a good reason to buy good food really.But it does suck the life out of us thats for sure.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yup, I'm gonna take her to the Olive Garden on Saturday. Ain't a damn descent steakhouse in this whole God forsaken state. I'm really jonesing for the The Eklund in Clayton, NM.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ain't a damn descent steakhouse in this whole God forsaken state.

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL. Thats cause you live down there in that other state. What do you call it Southern California. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I dont have that problem up here. Good steak houses all around and not an Olive Garden within at least 150 miles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

No, forget them Bubba Valentine's Day sucks! Saved myself some money this year... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif .... Single life, it sucks but its the only way to see what a crock of money spending subservient submission the day is, I'm broke anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

bubba- you gotta find yourself the different "type"...Saturday is my birthday- so John would get hit with a double whammy this week, instead- I go out with a bunch of my friends, get sh*tted, and he stays home with the kids. Doesn't cost him anything, and no roses to die... works great! We've done this for 9 years now..

Brandy

10. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

I'm with you Bubba I think Valentine's Day sux also. Hell by I done spent 600 dollars and I waste almost an entire week going out to dinner. Which is not cool if you go to the same place when the waiter man you go on a lot of dates /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good idea!

I think Michelle will like that idea. Plus my wallet is slim due to the recent transfer cases (yes plural) and tranny rebuild, so it won't cost me much. I'll just have to pay her in other ways /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

12. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I'll just have to pay her in other ways

[/ QUOTE ]

Noangel likes that payment plan! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

OMG I can't belive your useing that for your sig. You are bad. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I just read how it looks with what I replied to the last post! I wasn't even thinking about that! HAHAHA! THAT is some funny sh#t! Oh well, it pretty much somes up my sense of humor!

15. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I totaly agree.
    What a bunch of stupid sh!t.
    You can bring them a rose once a week and do all of the other things that exspress yer love throughout the year.
    Space out that one day and you are the worlds biggest dickhead.
    And those damn comercials...
    Show her you realy care by stopping by our store and dropping a couple of grand on a peice of jewelry.
    If that is what it takes to show my love then stick it up yer as$.
    Maybe I am a little bitter about the whole deal this year I dunno.
    I feel the same way about Cristmas too.

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Try to think of just one holiday that does not benefit retail businesses. Only one I can think of is MLK day. I know they sell a heck of a lot of flags on Veteran's Day, and President's Day... Labor day sells everything from Beer to Charcoal... Who came up with this Valentine's Day thing anyways? Some love starved woman I bet. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Or just maybe....... Hershey's? Some Flower Chain? Both? Some guy named Valentine?

There is Mother's Day and Father's Day, but no ME Day... I hear by proclaim today, Feb 11th, Land Smasher Day! (no one bothers to celebrate my birthday any more. Getting too old to remind people) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You may all celebrate Land Smasher Day any way that pleases you... A case of beer and a little mud might work... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

17. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya Bubba!!

But the 15th, is one of the greatest days in the year. All the candy you can eat for a dollar!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's great to go into the grocery store and stock up on the leftover Valentine's candy. Just stay away from those nasty little hearts with the words printed on em. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

I'm extremely lucky. My wife figures it's just another Halmark holiday, and we don't even exchange cards, much less give gifts.

19. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Heres what I e-mailed the wife...look for the march 20th holiday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif March 20th She said it depends on what she gets /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Note if your a sensitive PC type and this offends you TDB you didn't have to click on it

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif