Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The Official "When Will Bubba Crash Tonight" Poll????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Went to work at 1630 yesterday afternoon. Finally went off duty at 1000 hours this morning. I will go back on duty at 1730 hours. Will be on until 0200 hours. Have had approximately 2 hours of sleep today.

When will the caffeine be an exercise in futility tonight???????????????:D

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ermmmmm........ Well it obviously depends on how much caffeine you take and what affect it has on your body and all that bullcrap...

I'm gonna say 2230 before you feel like you're gonna pass out and die, but I think you'll make it until you get home...

3. gauder

gauder Banned

I'll take 2300.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What you need is to go shoot smoething or maybe a high speed pursuit. Something to get the adrelinine going. Of course maybe a nice quiet shift aint so bad either.

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Right at the witching hour unless you have something exciting to do. It's always that last 1 or 2 hours before work is over that drags.

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

your gonna have to open the spicket, on the red bull IV you've got hangin from you riot gun in the cruiser. Red bull will work for a while but your gonna crash sooner rather than later no matter what you do.

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No poll, AND no naked option?! I say within the first five minutes.

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

There's no nekkid option because he had to run down the Interstate in the nude for 2 miles to wake up.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Umm there's a good reason why I worked 17 hours:haha: :haha: :haha:

Now if someone can find me a good reason why someone who shoots someone, robs the place, steals the victim's car and didn't run from the cops that caught him, please tell me........................................

Anyway, 0300 Sunday morning. I go off duty. I usually stay out a little later, but I was semi-sick and tired and just wanted to go home. Well, about this time, a robbery goes down just up the road across the stateline, victim was shot and his car stolen by the suspect. The local town cop here listens to everything, he's still working. I just got done feeding the dogs and changing into some sweats and opened up Firefox. The cop is out on the highway and catches the vehicle description. About a minute later, here comes a car. :D

So he turns around and gets behind it and calls for backup. Suspect vehicle is a Mustang, cop is in a 4wd Tahoe. He is not real motivated to light this guy up until he has some warhorse Crown Vics nearby, plus the suspect was supposed to be armed.

Open PBB first, answer a couple of quick PMs (surpip:D ) phone rings. Knowing it would be the office, I ran across the house to catch it. Dispatcher tells me I need to get back on duty. Well just having that little piece of information doesn't really enlighten to much of anything, so I ask the dispatcher why and I won't give the exact quote, but my impression was that the PD across the stateline had some sort of officer involved shooting and the suspects were coming this way.

So calling upon the powers of some speed God somewhere, I get suited back up, and head out the door after kissing the wife. I get into the old warhorse, get everything turned on and start heading out. At that time, I was totally clueless of what was going on, but the cop that was following the suspect vehicle and they had already gone through town and I was three miles behind them. So hammer the **** down on the go fast pedal and head off into the darkness. The cop tells me they are running 70-75, so I'm thinking I should catch them quick. He also gives me some more details about what is going on. So I call my dispatch, tell her to call OHP because I already was in the mindset that I was getting ready to film a segment for "Wildest Police Videos". We were anticipating that this guy, once the lights went on, he was gonna see what a V-6 Mustang will do. Dispatch replies back to me, but I only catch part of it, come to find out all the troopers were tucked in snuggling with their trooper bears.:D

I call her again, requesting the officer on call in the town we where getting ready to come into come out, she tells me that he's already been called and that another local agency 20 miles away was on standby.

I finally start seeing the taillights of my caravan and spot the other local cop sitting at the intersection. I get caught up, the other officer has now joined the parade.

In the past, when anything like this has popped up for me, I've went from 0-120 in .00045 seconds on andrenaline flow. This time though, I think because by the time I had gotten dressed and into my patrol car I got my mind set that I was going to be a part of something downright serious, I was mentally prepared. I know some of the other guys know what I'm talking about. You get into those things that get you really amped up and coming down is rough. Then there will be those times that something like this is getting ready to happen and everything is right in the world and you're confidence is iron clad without a hint of arrogance. In short, you are ready for the worse possible battle ever and you know that the tools and knowledge that you possess will be successful.

So I get on the radio and ask the guys if they are ready and they tell me they are. So halfway through town (remember, the town is only about a mile long), we activate our lights and I move in behind the car. I've got the cop in the Tahoe behind and to the left and the other officer is on my left. We were doing the speed limit. About two blocks, we hit the sirens. Still no hint from the car on what was going to happen, but all three, well make that two cause the cop in the Tahoe was already resigned to the fact that if this guy bolted, he was out of the chase, we were ready to play chase.

Well, the right turn signal comes on but the car is still moving. We're not buying it. Then on the west edge of town, the car starts slowing and moving off the road. As I'm coming to a stop, I warn everyone else to be prepared for him to run. You've seen it a hundred times on TV where the suspect pulls over, stops and once the cops get out, they bolt. We were ready, so I exit my seat and one of the other guy gives the commands. Driver exits, gets on the ground, we move in, I clear the car, they handcuff. End of ****ing story.

We were kind of taken aback by the ease of the apprehension. Guy didn't fight or resist in anyway. In short, we were let down, yet very happy that this guy did what he did. We went from having to worry about how wild to this thing was going to get with the danger to the suspect, ourselves and whatever public that was on the roads and the high probability of wrecked cars and ambulances to sitting there thanking someone that this guy gave up with no resistance whatsoever.

Because of the cross state issues, I took custody of the evidence and the suspect, and the detective investigating came down, interviewed him for about three hours. I got him to jail and did my evidence paperwork and was finally ordered to go home at about 0930 cause I had to be back at work at 1600, though I didn't go back on duty until 1730.

Went to work, finished up what I had to on that deal, went out, goofed off out in the county for awhile. Dumped a call on my partner because he was about twenty miles closer. I ended up going anyway just to see what was happening. Then we went and sat in a parking lot shooting the breeze for about an hour until the cop that initiated that other mess called me requesting backup on a traffic stop around 1130. The both of us went up there and my partner checked out with him, so since everything was under control, I left, filled up, got back to town, talked to the cop until it was time for me to go home. Came home right at 0200, dumping my gear through the house as I had to go give birth to another liberal statement. Hit the bed at about 0220 and within 2 minutes I was dead to the world until about 0915 this morning when the phone finally woke me up and I had to head in so I could turn the evidence over to the responsible agency.

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yeah i got mentioned in a bubba story

my life is compleate

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

By the way, did you receive my reply or did I forget to hit submit?:D

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Don't throw your shoulder out over that one:D

John

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yep got it, trying to convince john to go and get the t-case there

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

We're going down Friday night and staying in a hotel. I guess I'm gonna have to make up for Valentine's Day because I'm getting ready to hit like a seven day stretch with a day off after the first four.:D