Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

The only thing the American soldier might fear

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Sep 8, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Lt. Colonel Oliver North told Sean Hannity today that among the serviceman he speaks with each day, morale is high, and they're only worry is if Kerry becomes president. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

He also said re-enlistment is very high in the Marine Corps.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I hear that alot of us here on base are worried about that dumbass makin it into office

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wouldn't worry, I doubt he'll get elected.

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Could you imagine? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif You would see people leaving the military like rats leaving a sinking ship /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif [whipering]The Horror......The Horror[/whispering] (Colonel Kurtz-Apocalypse Now)

John

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Well...the last time a Dem took office, the military was downsized...bases, ships, personnel - everything.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I wonder if the entire military could revolt against it's high commander........

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

If only the military was that organized /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Nah, wouldn't happen today. FAR too many higher-ups concerned only with their next promotion to allow that much dissent in the ranks.

9. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I gotta say I was damned glad I was out when Billary got in. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    There's a sure fire way to guarantee that he won't get elected ... VOTE BUSH !! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    There's a sure fire way to guarantee that he won't get elected ... VOTE BUSH !! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I'm not voting for him either.

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hear that alot of us here on base are worried about that dumbass makin it into office

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. Everyone I work with here in Vegas and in Delaware have NO desire to see Kerry take over

13. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I saw Ollie say that on Hannity & Colmes.....that was awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah that was great. I only caught the beginning, but Ollie sure had that liberal steppin and fetchin when he couldn't answer questions from Hannity because he knew the only correct answer would bash his boy Kerry /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

15. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder if the entire military could revolt against it's high commander........

[/ QUOTE ]
    The UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) says you could be executed for even trying to organize such a thing.

I know you guys are just joking /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif, but it is a very serious matter.

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm sure, but if Kerry gave a command, I'm sure it would be an instantaneous and total rebellion

17. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Also, we in the miliarty do not have the same rights as a civilian. We cannot assemble and protest (with some limitaions). We cannot actively work on a campaign for election. We can be contributing members to most organizations but can't necessarily attend thier meetings and rallys. And we can't openly speak ill of our Cammander-in-Chief. When Clinton won his second term someone uttered a few choice words of disapproval in our breakroom at work and he was reprimanded. You might as well be telling your boss to f*-off. A lot of this falls under a tile in the UCMJ as Conduct Prejudical to Good Order and Disipline or Conduct Unbecoming of an Officer, NCO, etc...

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm pretty sure once a solider pointed a weapon at John Kerry and pulled the trigger, the UCMJ would completely go out the window.

19. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

He also said re-enlistment is very high in the Marine Corps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is because we are actually doing what we joined for, spreading a little red so the grass will grow in the desert.

What makes the grass grow? BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD!!!!!!
    (still remember that from Boot Camp)